SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-12-06, 02:50 PM   #1
Blue_SV650S

Default It’s that time of year again … Renewal time …

It seems all my vehicle MOTs, Tax and Insurance come around this time of year ... being around Christmas is a killer for me bank account

Anyhoo ... got my renewal through … £172. TPFT … a bit steep I thought (32, garaged, been riding forever, never had a claim, no current penalties … help grannies cross the road …. running for being the next pope etc etc ).

I am pretty lazy so not about to ring around the world, but figured I'd try e-bike insurance as heard good things, also better than chatting round the Christmas dinner table with my relatives!! (I am sure all of you can 'feel' me there ) … £112 TPFT £150 excess … that’s more acceptable I thought!! …

Figured I’d contact my current broker to see if they could match or better e-bike … they could match it, but £400 excess … so asked them to look again £119 £150 excess … that sounds the ticket I thought …

Then the nice lady started talking dirty to me* and don’t ask me how but I ended up going fully comp at £171 … with £325xs …

Basically I wanted to have ‘ride others ppls bikes TPO’ on the policy as that is handy (and my mate has just bought a new GIXER thou ) …

I am sat here slightly stunned that I went FC and that I now have £325 xs …

What do other pillars of society like myself pay insurance wise?!?

*That’s a total fib, but made a boring insurance thread/post momentarily more interesting!!!
Old 30-12-06, 02:56 PM   #2
busasean

just renewed with Ebike £348 fully comp with business use for all 4 bikes listed below. (with loads of modifications)
Old 30-12-06, 02:59 PM   #3
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by busasean
just renewed with Ebike £348 fully comp with business use for all 4 bikes listed below. (with loads of modifications)
Do you get to ride other ppls bikes?
Old 30-12-06, 04:44 PM   #4
oldjack

£163 fully comp, incl £25 legal expenses cover, 3 years NCB, with Bennets, garaged, clean licence, £200 excess, K5 naked, but I'm 56. I thought that was expensive.
Old 30-12-06, 05:12 PM   #5
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjack
£163 fully comp, incl £25 legal expenses cover, 3 years NCB, with Bennets, garaged, clean licence, £200 excess, K5 naked, but I'm 56. I thought that was expensive.
How long have you had your license??? unfortunately you probably fall into their 'born again biker' risk category if you have have had it 29 years ... yet only 3 years your NCD (indicating bab)??!?!
Old 30-12-06, 05:29 PM   #6
rob13

I have always been fortunate with Motorcycle Direct. Never paid more than £180 TPFT for any of my bikes since i started riding at 21, 4 years ago. Bargain
Old 30-12-06, 05:59 PM   #7
husky03
Mega Poster

went with devitt=223 tpft 0 n/c-covered for other bike too-200 excess.

husky
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-06, 06:11 PM   #8
Spider

31, 6 month old licence, 2y`s NCB, 6 month old sv650, fully comp, £200xs, equity red star. £323 god i love my parents postcode
Old 30-12-06, 07:33 PM   #9
oldjack

Yup, I'm a born again biker, first time I've been called a bab though. I started up again 3 years ago having last ridden in 1986, I don't know if they take that into account, I can't remember if I told them I'd had a 17 year layoff !
Old 30-12-06, 07:40 PM   #10
busasean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S
Quote:
Originally Posted by busasean
Do you get to ride other ppls bikes?
erm, turns out i'm not covered for other bikes! well, thats a first! its a good job someone else was paying attention. just sent an email to Ebike because i have NEVER EVER had insurance which doesnt cover you 3rd party only on other vehicles.it should be made clear when taking out the policy that this is the case. just rechecked everything else on the policy! mind you it doesnt worry me as i dont really ride other peoples bikes.