SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 22-12-08, 04:12 PM   #1
chakraist

Default SV Spares - Curvy '99

It's off a 25k mile curvy that unfortunately I have to break. I have various parts, but the front fairings and tank are dented/scraped up. The engine won't turn over either- I'll be splitting that open and salvaging what is left after I've got the rest of it out the way. However, I would accept an offer for the engine complete- an easy way to make a profit is a broken engine.

I am happy to sell parts at 60-70% of OEM new price as pretty much everything is fine, just needs a bit of a clean up. I am also willing to sell complete bits as well (loom, forks, switchgear etc) and equally willing to split and sell individual bits (fork legs etc). Now I'm not really able to provide complete details on all the parts available; ask me and I'll let you know.

Parts that are definitely not available (or in a state of disrepair) include the complete left footpeg assembly and as mentioned the fairings and tank are damaged. The subframes are fine and true as are the rear plastics. I'm having some problems removing the exhaust system (OEM) but once that's off I can split bits and sell them. I would get rid of a slightly dented can (again, OEM) at postage cost.

All parts are available for collection from Folkestone in Kent and I will hand deliver for a couple of quid to nearby areas. I also have SVRAsh's engine which is in Devon and would accept a £50 loss on what I paid for it (I paid £250, so £200 + pnp would suit me fine). The engine has several bits done to it including cams and shift star and would work great for a trackbike. It is missing a clutch, but I would chuck in mine for relatively cheap if you were to buy the engine.

So, make me an offer on any parts (the alphaparts diagram would be useful here) and I am unlikely to refuse it. I will keep this post updated with bits that have gone.

Oh: the bike is entirely OEM. The frame comes with a V5 but is marked down as Cat-C.

Old 22-12-08, 04:17 PM   #2
plowsie

Default Re: SV Spares - Curvy '99

Front speedo drive please Both Switchgears may be a good idea too How much for the lot?

Old 22-12-08, 04:18 PM   #3
plowsie

Is the front wheel black cos if it is I could save myself a heck of a problem too.

Old 22-12-08, 04:21 PM   #4
chakraist

Front wheel is standard '99, it's black at the moment but I think silver underneath the crud. I have no idea how much to charge but if you were buying both switchgears I'd offer at 60% of OEM cost.

Old 22-12-08, 04:23 PM   #5
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakraist View Post
Front wheel is standard '99, it's black at the moment but I think silver underneath the crud. I have no idea how much to charge but if you were buying both switchgears I'd offer at 60% of OEM cost.
Okay so both switchgears and a speedo drive is needed. You call the shots.

Old 22-12-08, 04:37 PM   #6
chakraist

£55 for both switchgears (go around £20-25 each on ebay) and speedo drive (£25-35 on ebay) - do you need the appropriate cables too? Most of this stuff is still on the bike but I can get it off tomorrow.

Old 22-12-08, 04:50 PM   #7
plowsie

All I really want is the switchgear casing with the connectors and screws, screws are my main problem. Speedo drive, some little plastic bits have snapped off mine when removing the front wheel so just where it can be taken apart from really.

But yeah £55 for the lot is good

Old 22-12-08, 04:55 PM   #8
stuballs

I'll give you £100 for both wheels

Old 22-12-08, 05:06 PM   #9
chakraist

May take a week to get them off (I have no stands and the calipers are still on there) but if that's fine that's good by me- do you want the discs too?

Old 22-12-08, 05:31 PM   #10
Airwolf

would it be fitted with a fender extender, as i'll be interested in it
cheers
Closed Thread