SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-01-13, 03:33 PM   #1
LewSpeight
Mega Poster

Default Wiring LED indicators?

I'm currently trying to wire in some led indicators.. The indicators have a little blue led on the back of them for aesthetics I suppose, I cannot figure out for the life of me how to get them to work. I'm not completely numb with electrics but something's not right.

The three wires are from the indicator and the two are from the snipped wire from the original indicator.
The indicators I have got are these..http://bit.ly/13g4xiA
I'm in the garage now so any prompt help would be appreciated
Thanks!
LewSpeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-13, 03:52 PM   #2
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Default Re: Help wiring ASAP

At a rough guess I'd say on the new indies you've got a negative, positive for the indie and a positive for the blue LEDs in the back of the indie. You just need to work out which is which, shouldn't be too hard
Old 08-01-13, 04:36 PM   #3
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Help wiring ASAP

hahahahaaaa. someone has got the wires wrong as to the advert.

at a push i would say orange is return, green is live and blue is running. but unless you open the thing up then gawd knows.

easy to work out though. connect one of the wires to black on my gizmo then use the red from my gizmo to work out which is which.

so start with the orange into the black on my gizmo and try one of the others to the red. if you get nothing when the bike is on move over to the next colour say green into the black on the gizmo. once you find the return its then just a case of finding which one is indicator and which one is running.

you will have to take a feed from your side light to get the running light working.

Last edited by Bibio; 08-01-13 at 04:40 PM.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-13, 06:29 PM   #4
LewSpeight
Mega Poster

Thanks bibs. I got it, can't remember which wires made it work but I've taped em up ready for a full fitting tomorrow. You've answered my next question of where to wire in the other one as a running light... Thanks all
LewSpeight is offline   Reply With Quote