SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 25-04-16, 05:19 AM   #601
yokohama

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

A Zenith... I started out on one of those when I did a photography module at uni. Big solid lump but not bad at all. Good to learn on as a first SLR
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-16, 05:58 AM   #602
Kenzie

Not too bad a guess Johnny, £2 an item. Had to keep a poker face on because I thought he would want a lot more for them and I wasn't hopeful. I only picked up the Zenit because of the Helios lens, gives awesome bokeh! Had a chance to look at the Vito yet? Did the pin get to you ok?
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-16, 08:40 PM   #603
Kenzie

My Yashica FX-D arrived today. Can't believe how light it is! Has program mode as well as selectable shutter speeds. Has a 50mm f2 lens and can take Contax lenses as well. Have given it a good clean, you wouldn't believe how much gunk came off it. Needs new leather but other than that pretty good.
Old 26-04-16, 07:30 AM   #604
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Yashica looks nice. I had a Zenit E I think,selenium cell above the lens, M42. It was okay, solid, no split circle though just a microprism screen so difficult focusing wide angles.

Not done anything on the Vito, also the Contina shuter is sticking again - yes got the pin ta.

Got an olympus S Electro Set on teh way, don't know much about it but it was calling to me
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-16, 06:34 PM   #605
Kenzie

Careful Johnny, GAS can be hard to get rid of once you get started! My pack of Impossible SX-70 film arrived today. Will load up the Polaroid and get shooting! Will have to be careful with it as it isn't cheap. If the Contina is being a pain then don't worry. Will dig up another off ebay.
Forgot to mention, found a film in the Zenit. May drop it off to be developed. Always worry what may be on there and the lab destroy the film.

Last edited by Kenzie; 26-04-16 at 07:01 PM.
Old 27-04-16, 06:32 PM   #606
Kenzie

Got a Pen EE-2 on the way for possible spares to repair the frame counter on my Pen. Bought a flash bar to put on the Polaroid so I can take a couple of shots at a family get together at the weekend. Never shot Polaroid and it will be interesting to see what comes out. Will buy new leatherette for the FX-D next pay day.
Old 27-04-16, 08:21 PM   #607
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Think I'll park the Contina then, it's not like you don't have any others! I'm not sure how reliable it would be anyway.

The Vitomatic I got last year was similar to your Yashica, it was like it'd been in Ghostbusters, the amount of goop on it.

Re. the Zenith film, let the lab know where you got it and if they're good they'll use a bit more care, maybe develop it a bit longer, to try to save it. Not sure if it applies to C41 but some labs still will do a clip test for a few quid extra, they snip a bit of the spare film off and try a few different developing conditions before they do the main film. Yoko - know what you mean, you can drive nails in with those things.

I'm trying to keep the GAS under control, but I spotted the Olympus and sort of ended up buying it. It's got a f1.8 lens, G Zuiko I think, so should be good. I think it can do some sort of auto exposure, but am fairly sure it does have a coupled meter for manual exposure, and the meter seems to work form what they said - told you asking the question gets an answer! I've left ones in the past where it's come back a "no".

I've used various instant cameras over the years, well, back in the day anyway. They tend to be more convenience than quality, but will be interesting to see what you get.
Old 27-04-16, 09:02 PM   #608
Kenzie

More worried about them binning the film due to inappropriate content. Can but try. Will explain that it's a found film and I'm not responsible for the contents. Been to Asda loads so the should know me by now. I put the film in the rainbow 1000 rather than the 1000s, that one will get film next time I buy some. At least I can ask for Sx70 for gifts if asked! Off on Tuesday so may do some more shooting. Not sure where to go though.

Sent from my Kindle Fire
Old 28-04-16, 02:23 PM   #609
Kenzie

Any good to you?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/371611414345...D0&_mwBanner=1

Sent from my Xperia T
Old 28-04-16, 09:07 PM   #610
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Probably not I'm afraid. Trying to find out what sort of bits are in these things is a mare. That one has a Seikosha shutter think it said, mine is Copal on the Konica S, also mine is f1.8 so I presume the aperture blades are different. There are various photos on t'internet of cameras in bits, alas not enough though!