SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-08-08, 12:54 PM   #1
Jussi

Default Farewell

Curvy was sold and now in my garage i have Aprilia RSVR Mille. So then only thing remained was the V2.

Cheers for all the help this forum provided me with.
Old 01-08-08, 12:56 PM   #2
Alpinestarhero

Default Re: Farewell

If you havnt noticed...

....your not the only member of this forum who dosnt own an SV...some even have IL4's!!!!!!

So stick about, we don't care. Can we have AR09 at your place in finland? I'd like to visit finland
Old 01-08-08, 01:48 PM   #3
Dangerous Dave

Oh... well... at least it is still a V-twin, what year?
Old 01-08-08, 07:22 PM   #4
Tim in Belgium

I'm jealous. Have fun on the RSVR.
Old 01-08-08, 08:08 PM   #5
Jussi

Spended this evening looking what i bought.
RSVR Mille -02 with mileage 12000km. Was previously owned by some chap that lived in Switzerland. Explanation for mileage was so good i bought it and after 5hours in garage is sounds somewhat true.
Brake discs are like new on both ends she is clean and looks ok, some sun burns tough in driving light (covered with plastic).
Spark plugs have the right color and now when i check the valve clearance i just take off the fuel tank wich is plastic
And runs well, but sounds like thunder with a slip on that i do not recognize it has an styled A in between of leaves ( the kind of you got in the old days when you win a race don`t remember the word for it now).
And yes the color is mat black...

Cheers
Old 01-08-08, 08:24 PM   #6
Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestarhero View Post
If you havnt noticed...

....your not the only member of this forum who dosnt own an SV...some even have IL4's!!!!!!

So stick about, we don't care. Can we have AR09 at your place in finland? I'd like to visit finland
Yes I don't have an sv, I have a Yam R125, even went along to AR08 on it and no-one minded. Thank you everyone .

Until next Friday when I change it for the last new Ninja 250 in the country
Old 01-08-08, 08:45 PM   #7
ThEGr33k

Woo HOO another Aprilia man. Arnt those motors SWEEEEET! I heard a RSV mille at a bike meet the other day and they sound great from the side lines. Sounds even better than the V90 imo. V60 ftw. Ill be happy if mine makes the same monster noise that some of the RSV's ive heard do... I mean to listen to it from the side lines, someone else riding. Onboard bikes sound different. I guess it will be the same, may even be louder muha ha ha.

BTW here look on here... http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/index.php

Post a pic for us.

About valve clearances dont check them as much as recomended... For some reason Aprilia went over the top on the recomended major service intervals. From what i read the majority of V990 engines get to well over 20,000 miles without them getting anywhere near out of spec and most never need doing.

The motor does make a lot of machanical noise though. Just normal

Have fun out there!