SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 02-11-10, 05:14 PM   #61
-Ralph-

Default Re: My new bike workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedplay View Post
looks like part of the new site was built on the old looking at the ariel pics.

Was only a few stupid houses anyway.
They must have bought them and pulled them down then, 'cos there's no building more than about 6 years old in the village that I'm aware of.
Old 02-11-10, 09:37 PM   #62
paiste

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
Paiste, how much did your's cost if you don't mind me asking?

If I built something solid, I'd need to plasterboard the interior and insulate. How much would doors and windows for a solid built building cost?
TBH I've not sat and added it all up. Stupid I know but I will be unpleasantly surprised when I do add it all up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiff Wichard View Post
not read the whole thing but double doors wudda been handy . and a turntable.. and did you have to hand ball all that material to the build area from the front??

streewwwth !
The door is 1 metre wide so have no issues with getting the bike through.
Turntable? It is a PITA to turn it around at the moment if that's what you meant, but will pave the area in front of it in the spring.

And yes I did have to manouvre all of the building materials from around the front. Armed with a rusty wheelbarrow. Not forgetting the 2 builders skips full of earth I had to barrow up the garden before I laid the concrete
Old 02-11-10, 09:45 PM   #63
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by paiste View Post
Turntable?
Practice swivelling it round on the side-stand.
Old 04-11-10, 11:42 AM   #64
Owenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
OK. Will keep that in mind then. Suppose it depends on the planning permission rules where you live. In Scotland I had to have a prefabricated concrete garage, as my conservatory and garage were going to take up greater than the percentage of my garden than the planning office would allow, so I just got planning permission for the conservatory, then built a pre-fabricated garage, which was classed as a temporary building so didn't need permission.

For those reasons I had kind of dismissed building something solid, but Paiste didn't need planning permission for his. Maybe a re-think when the time comes.

Have you got any pic's of yours?

Paiste, how much did your's cost if you don't mind me asking?

If I built something solid, I'd need to plasterboard the interior and insulate. How much would doors and windows for a solid built building cost?

There are some pics in my album on here, think I got bored taking pics mid way through though and just concentrated on building the thing. I can take some finished pics if you like, although the doors arent totally finished yet, need to decide what Im doing regarding the ramp access in and also, because of that I've not really worried about insulating the doors yet they're still just timber.

Ignoring the retaining wall my costs came in roughly as:
Base: - £150
Blocks/Bricks/Gobbo - £750
Timber - £120
Roof Sheets - £100
Electricals/Cables - £FREE/STOLLEN depending on your view
Render - £100 (ebay bargain)
Doors £120

There was of course the retaining wall done proir and the skips and skips and skips of earth we removed which added a fair bit onto that total but if you're not having to do anything quite so extreme then that can be ruled out.

Oh yeah, and every spare waking second of my life for about 4months!