SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 19-08-09, 08:15 PM   #21
sauluk

Default Re: Recommendation for a good Mechanic in Bristol

I used him for my service but will be giving him a call soon for tyres!
Was: Blue SK5
Was: KMX125.. stolen..
sauluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-10, 11:11 PM   #22
Speaky69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelok View Post
I know a few good places,
Unity road motorcycles are a diamond of a place to go to, theyre honest there and always a corker for an MOT - he'll advise on things that might even fail sometimes.
Unity road motorcycles will pass pretty much anything for me! Im good mates with Johns Son!

As a sidenote I didnt know you were on this forum Phaelok!!
Old 03-10-10, 10:43 AM   #23
Phaelok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speaky69 View Post
Unity road motorcycles will pass pretty much anything for me! Im good mates with Johns Son!

As a sidenote I didnt know you were on this forum Phaelok!!
Yeah used to be on here. I pop in now and again to look at potential bargain curvy sv's for track use.

So what's happening with the black sv now?? Dropped a new lump in it yet??
Old 05-10-10, 11:39 PM   #24
Speaky69

Which Black SV? i have 2 ! going to be breaking the orignal for parts soon enough! Possibly a new 2009 SV to add to the collection on monday
Old 11-06-11, 02:18 PM   #25
philz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan173 View Post
My cbr600rr has just had it's 12,000 mile service done by Rich Feltham of Fixit Motorcycle Mechanics

Rich operates from a workshop in Portishead but also works mobile, which was ideal for me as it is difficult for me to get my bike to a workshop and then on to work or whatever.
Just thought I'd add that I recently used Rich to give my SV a full service and fit a pair of Pilot Road 3s. Rich came to my work with his trailer, picked up the bike and took it away for the service. Instead of dropping it back off at my house when it was done, I cheekily asked him if he'd mind popping to my work again and collecting some fencing in his trailer and deliver it to my house. He could've easily told me to get lost but instead he was happy to go out of his way to help (for no extra cost)

My bike is a 2007 model with only 6k on the clock so I didn't think that I'd notice any difference after the service but it's like a new bike now, soooo smooth and much better to ride. If you're local then I'd definitely say to give Rich a shout.
Old 12-06-11, 04:09 PM   #26
sauluk

Will add to my previous testimony that I used Rich again for my CBR service and new tyres. Spot on once again, came to pick the bike up from work too.
Was: Blue SK5
Was: KMX125.. stolen..
sauluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-11, 06:59 PM   #27
Catflap

Rich also now does MOTs from the Pembroke Road workshop in Shirehampton.
Old 23-01-12, 09:36 AM   #28
dkid

Just booked Rich for my 7.5k service. Quote came in way under the £173 jhs racing wanted, plus he comes to me! Can't argue with that. Feedback to follow but having read other peoples opinions i'm sure i won't be let down.
Cheers guys, top tip!
Old 27-01-12, 06:10 PM   #29
dkid

Update. Rich came today and as expected, was first class. Polite, honest and reasonably priced (£89 for the 7.5k service inc throttle sync etc)
I'd much rather give my money to a locally based indy like him than one of the larger faceless brands (Fowlers etc)
Will no doubt use him again
Old 03-04-13, 04:42 AM   #30
marcc

Not sure how old this thread is but i always get my stuff MOT'ed at victor motorcycles in west street bedminster (the village of the damned.... don't ask) Doug there is a friendly chap who doesn't make up work that 'needs' to be done ... mainly because he only deals with (mechanically) 125's and scoots, (spits on the floor behind me).