SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 16-01-14, 02:57 PM   #31
RJohnny

Default Re: Recommendation for a good Mechanic in Bristol

+1 to Victors as used in the past, Bike Care are also a good bunch of guys (St. George) and I've used Bristol Bike Doc too (St. Phillips).

Bike ~ Silver SV650S K4 - twin oval exhaust for added vroom

YouTube channe
l ~ https://www.youtube.com/user/BristolJohnny
RJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-14, 10:05 PM   #32
TheOnlyNemesis

Any of you on the south side of Bristol check out Clevedon Motorcycles. Top group of lads who know their stuff and will bend over backwards to help you. Chris the owner is currently doing £1500 worth of repairs on my GSXR and allowing me to pay in £250 monthly instalments whilst getting my bike back as soon as it is fixed.
Old 19-01-14, 10:10 PM   #33
DanSp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyNemesis View Post
Any of you on the south side of Bristol check out Clevedon Motorcycles. Top group of lads who know their stuff and will bend over backwards to help you. Chris the owner is currently doing £1500 worth of repairs on my GSXR and allowing me to pay in £250 monthly instalments whilst getting my bike back as soon as it is fixed.

Id never buy a bike off of him though... ask him how my SV looked when he sold it to me!! (i jest here btw)
Ive known chris and Lolli for a while and they are awesome people! Matt and Nigel are awesome too!
DanSp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-14, 11:57 PM   #34
Tomor
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyNemesis View Post
I thought the damage was only £250 to fix?
Old 20-01-14, 12:08 AM   #35
TheOnlyNemesis

Unseen issues, few extra servicing bits and i'm doing stuff that isn't needed to fix the bike but i want to do it now as i might as well.
Old 04-01-16, 09:51 PM   #36
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

I use Dave Carter. He did most of the workshop work at Speedwell Motorcycles in Fishponds before it closed down a couple of years ago. Now running his own workshop and doing really good work at very reasonable rates. He can also collect with van. Good mechanic and a very friendly guy too. Highly recommended.

His workshop is at the top of Kingswood, near the ring road.

http://www.carterbikes.co.uk/
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote