SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-05-07, 11:16 PM   #1
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default In Trouble

With the wife and daughter

Any spelling mistakes are directionally proportional to my beer intake.

So we are in Salford having a beer with the wife's soon to be dead bother

Red lion on the height if the locals need to know.

Non of us smoke. Towards the end of the evening a p155 head asks about the empty seat. "Is anybody sitting there" no help yourself.

At which time on their way to the ladies the wife/daughter say I bet he smokes.

Sure enough the new guy starts rolling up. Don't get me wrong We were not a one off table. Nobody in our part of the bar was smoking

Well I finally did it. I took the roll up out of his mouth and put it out. Told him the if he lit it again I would extinguish it in his beer.

Am I a trouble causing ****e the wife/daughter who look forward to 1st July, accuse me of. Or am I simply defending our rights today not to have to put up with the pollution of other simply because we are in a pub.?

Yup, too much beer on my part. But the nice part is that I finally wanted to let the *******s know ~I dont want/need their crap over me
Old 26-05-07, 11:30 PM   #2
gettin2dizzy

Default Re: In Trouble

Well did you ask him not to smoke? As someone who gave up last week (oh yeah!) I wouldn't have smoked in that situation. I feel bad being the only one smoking when around other smokers! However it is annoying in a pub when there's a huge- empty- non smoking section!
Old 26-05-07, 11:49 PM   #3
timwilky
Mega Poster

well this wasn't a non smoking section. Simply an area of the pub where sub contentiously the non smokers had gathered. It was obvious by the lack of smoke nobody here smoked.

There was no ash tray on the table, we had dumped that 2 hours earlier.

This was simply one Richard Edward who decided he could do what he pleased. But beer being the great equaliser, reduced me to his level and I did what I pleased.

For once the little man won because on the way out I reminded him that nobody was smoking and if I heard he had ruined it for others I would feed him his roll ups
grief from the family but I feel good. Reminds me of when I used to be able to bite as well as growl
Old 27-05-07, 12:09 AM   #4
Davies

As a smoker, if I'm in a non-smoking part of a restaurant then I won't smoke....if I'm in the smoking part of a restaurant I will smoke, but only if the people next to us aren't eating. If I'm in a pub and in a smoking section, then I will smoke.....because that's what it's there for. I think I'd be pretty narked if someone asked me to stop smoking in a smoking section TBH.
Old 27-05-07, 12:59 AM   #5
Jester666

I'm with svstreetthingy.

If I was sitting in a smoking area and someone took my ciggy and put it out Iwould be a little miffed!! Good Anglo Saxon words would be used to put across my annoyance! If you don't want to sit near smokers don't sit in the smoking section!

Simple really!
Old 27-05-07, 01:19 AM   #6
Ed

I would have liked to see the bloke's face.

Before:

After:
Old 27-05-07, 07:03 AM   #7
Steve H

Not a smoker, never have been. But I do feel that the Nazi police are taking over with the smoking thing. I agree that it should be banned around food, but in a traditional boozer? Not so sure.
Old 27-05-07, 07:06 AM   #8
kitkat

its been smoke free here in public places for a year and its fantastic. its great going home at the end of the night not stinking like a used ashtray.
Old 27-05-07, 07:10 AM   #9
Tomcat

If people had good manners this ban wouldnt be neccessary ... oh hang on its not tht simple is it ...

They want to ban us from smoking in a public place, but they will continue to take their revenue from the fags that we buy....nice move, let me think about this, so it looks like they are doing their bit to keep the health of the nation, but then in case that doesnt work they can still make money.

Yes, to smoke amongst non smokers is pig ignorant, unless a conversation about it has been had beforehand and the ok given, but as I say the gov'ment make me sick with their tomfoolery. (I have similar issues the green thing, but that's another day!)

Timwilky, you obviously felt strongly about the issue, and why should we put up and shut up, good for you ...... but, I can see how wife/daughter may have felt a little 'eeeek, its going to kick off now'!!!
Old 27-05-07, 07:36 AM   #10
Dicky Ticker

I accept your point about the non-smoking but if the guy was in the only free seat in a busy smoking permitted pub he still had his rights[Be it only for another few weeks] and to be honest if I as a smoker had been asked politely to refrain it would be no problem. On the other hand if somebody is stroppy they should expect trouble and threatening to extinguish his ciggy in his beer isn't all that condusive to a peaceful existance. If it had been me who sat in a strange company I would ask if they minded if I had a ciggy but thats me,others still feel that it is their right