SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-12-06, 10:11 AM   #1
zobo

Default Best Christmas pressi

So come on then only 3days to Christmas..so tell us what your best Christmas pressi ever was....

mine a Sindy house when I was 8yrs....

Old 21-12-06, 10:13 AM   #2
cuffy

You know that Liz will be along in a minute and beat every bugger hands down
Old 21-12-06, 10:15 AM   #3
Viney
Mega Poster

Too many. The biggest surprise was buy my mate. Id helped them move house and do a fe things in thier house, and i also worked for his DJ agency. Anyway, i recieved a Pioneer DJM500 mixer from him! I was well surprised. Still have it to this day.

Im sure that there have been many a present over the years, but i have a mind like a sive and cant remember.

I got a personalised reg a few years ago. I transfered it onto the bike, but when i was thinking of selling the bike, i transfered it off. I have found out since that i cant put it back on the bike, so sitting on retention.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-06, 10:17 AM   #4
zobo

"DJM500 mixer" nice......
Old 21-12-06, 10:38 AM   #5
tricky

Probably when I was about 15, my Mum and Dad bought me a TV for my room which was a complete suprise.
Old 21-12-06, 11:03 AM   #6
mysteryjimbo

All my best pressies were ones i've bought myself.

Although this year i've got my Wii.
Old 21-12-06, 11:22 AM   #7
rictus01
Mega Poster

It's all about memories.

For me it's got to be when I was about 10, can down with all my brothers Christmas morning, expecting the bursting pillowcase full of prizzies as had been the norm ( big family but mum and dad worked hard to give us big cheap stuff and stuff dad would make (hobby horses with ballrace wheels/ guns cut from planks of wood and painted) but always filling the pillowcases to overflowing) only to find them half full

disappointment lasted only until we started opening the gifts as it is with kids, anyway after that the day went much to plan and later we all sat down to Christmas dinner, between the fights for the last stuffing ball and bacon wrapped baby sausage (this was posh food, this was) little thought was given to the tree prezzies (these were normally colouring pencils or crayons or if you were lucky a matchbox car), for some reason dad had a massive grin all the way through the meal, after dinner we all gathered around the tree and dad handed out each named gift, once we all had our gift we were allowed to open them.

WOW WE ALL HAD OUR VERY OWN TIMEX WATCH. (for the oldies the ones in the book thingy) you've never seen so many kids wandering around with their arm extended showing off their new watches (all different) and of course each kid thought theirs was the best.

I've spoken to mum since and they brought one a month throughout the year and prayed no financal crisis came along to stop them getting eveyone one.

I had that watch on everyday for the next 7 years, and only changed it when I went to work.

In one of the wife's jewelry boxes under many items of gold and diamonds sits a straplessold boys Timex watch worth more to me than the rest of the contents.

Memories are priceless

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-06, 11:29 AM   #8
glsuk1970

Easy one this, it was a toy car called Adventure 2000. It had guns on the front, 6 wheels, gull-wing style doors a button on the top that when you pressed it, wings popped out of the side.

http://www.vortx-productions.co.uk/adventure2000.html

Cool, or what!!
Old 21-12-06, 11:35 AM   #9
zobo

rictus01(Mark) that's so nice

Mines the Sindy house coz my poor Mum and Dad stayed up all xmas eve trying to put the bl**dy thing together...they got to bed finally about 5am, only to be woken up again by us kids at 6am..! Times like these I'll never forget....
Old 21-12-06, 12:10 PM   #10
Dysparunia

I had this truck:

http://www.world-of-cartoons.de/mask...hoto.lid+1.htm

(No, I can't do short links)

Distinctly remember playing with it under my grannies chair. Don't think it was long before I'd lost the rocket.

Also fondly remember this one:

http://www.world-of-cartoons.de/mask...to.lid+744.htm

In fact I think it'll make me a new avatar.