SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 23-03-07, 02:28 PM   #1
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Question Please ignore this...

Two more eyeballs for y'all....

Yellow curvey on Albion Way, heading towards Salford Crescent on my way to work at about 8.45am.

Blue pointy Just short of the A50 at High Legh at about 1.30pm.

Blue curvy outside what used to be Adams garage in Tyldesley about 3.15pm today and yesterday.

I managed to get off work a bit early, another t**t convicted of drink drive at court and banned for a year so went for a blast into Cheshire. Stopped off at the Ducati shop and looked at a couple of 1098's. Very nice, shiny, no doubt very quick, but at £13,500 I just can't quite manage one.
Having said that, like the Triumph 675, the front end in real life is very low and looks far too narrow. The photos in the mags seem to make them look wider somehow.
All in all, not a bad day.

Last edited by Bluepete; 23-03-07 at 04:06 PM. Reason: keep falling over SV's!
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-07, 03:03 PM   #2
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Default Re: Please ignore this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePete View Post
T
I managed to get off work a bit early, Stopped off at the Ducati shop and looked at a couple of 1098's. Very nice, shiny, no doubt very quick, but at £13,500 I just can't quite manage one.
Having said that, like the Triumph 675, the front end in real life is very low and looks far too narrow. The photos in the mags seem to make them look wider somehow.

All in all, not a bad day.
You lucky bloke, got into work only to find it was weapon cleaning day...
So we had a lesson on how to Clean your SA80 A2 , or this is an Egg now suck it.
DEEP JOY I rejoiced, as if I haven't got anything better to do.... NOT ,like inspecting another 3 Landrovers that were getting rid off to another unit,
My boss didn't get me off weapon cleaning ( as he was nursing a hangover... )
So cleaned My weapon.. ... and then saw the bosses rifle just sitting on the floor being ignored by the other peeps... I thought... so I picked it up and put it back in the cleaned weapons pile..

Oh yea, just found out that the CO (big boss of Bosses) is coming up from Cambridge on Monday to do an inspection.
Old 23-03-07, 08:04 PM   #3
hall13uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie1743 View Post
So cleaned My weapon.. ... and then saw the bosses rifle just sitting on the floor being ignored by the other peeps... I thought... so I picked it up and put it back in the cleaned weapons pile..

Oh yea, just found out that the CO (big boss of Bosses) is coming up from Cambridge on Monday to do an inspection.
Old 24-03-07, 12:51 AM   #4
Captain Nemo

Richie, og you millitary men , so manly , getting paid to handel your weopons!!!! the most i get to handle is a scale rule.......

ducatti 1098 , very nice

me got eye on zzr 1400, carry lardy body very well, and much speedo
Old 24-03-07, 08:05 AM   #5
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
me got eye on zzr 1400, carry lardy body very well, and much speedo
The closest I will ever get to riding one of those was a quick sit on a brand new one at J&S in Northwich. It feels really comfy and gives no impression of it's amazing speed! That was maybe because it was in a showroom and the angry salesrep was bearing down fast to remind me that "Please do not sit on the bikes" actually means something. You gotta give them something to do!
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote