SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Ancillaries Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on various other bits and bobs, such as rearsets, oil, engine bits.

Old 24-11-15, 06:45 PM   #1
Mickle

Default Loobman oiler

I wanted a simple CHEAP chain oiler, so I thought I would give the latest offering from loobman a go, I did a quick paypal for a fraction over £20 and 4 days later it arrived.

I resisted the normal man thing of binning the instructions and studied both sides of the A4 sheet, I also watched the installation video I was directed to on YouTube. Seems easy enough.

I cleaned the chain and sprockets, I removed the front sprocket cover and gave the innerds a good scrub up whilst I was at it. Then I installed the oiler as instructed. It took less than an hour and required only to lift the tank to route the feed hose. I located the resovoir on the right hand side of the ignition barrel (SV 650S K2) where I found it fitted nice and snugly without fouling anything when the bars are turned. This location means that it is easy to operate the dispenser valve whilst on the bike at traffic lights for example. I located the feed hose through the frame and along the air box, down to the heel guard on the left side then along the swing arm leaving enough hose so it doesn't foul the suspension travel.

I have filled with chainsaw chain lube, which on a cold day took forever to progress to the feed head, but as the oil remains in the feed pipe once primed until the dispenser is activated I don't see this as a problem.

Does it work? Yes, oil is dispensed to both sides of the sprocket when I press the button, I particularly like the fact that I can't forget to turn it off and tip oil all over the street. I also like the simplicity, no vac or electrical connections.

Am I pleased with it? Yes, it does look a bit cheap, especially the delivery head and it's holder, but firstly you can't really see that on the bike and secondly I brought it because I wanted cheap! The resovoir looks ok on the bars, but I think I will turn myself up a ally button and filler cap for a bit of bling.

Overall a cheap, easy to install and use device.

Cheers,

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (65.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Mickle; 27-11-15 at 01:45 PM.
Mickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-15, 07:18 PM   #2
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Loobman oiler

Pictures we need pictures
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-15, 07:39 PM   #3
Mickle

Don't know how lol. Look on loobman website or YouTube
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (62.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Mickle; 27-11-15 at 09:33 PM.
Old 24-11-15, 07:50 PM   #4
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickle View Post
Don't know how lol. Look on loobman website or YouTube
Here's how

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=89105
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-15, 09:15 PM   #5
Fen Tiger

I have fitted the Loobman to a couple of previous bikes and can confirm it works well. I particularly like the delivery at the sprocket; simple and affective. On both of my fitments the reservoir got very oily on the outside. For that reason and for speed of delivery I was glad I had mounted the system to the rear nearside pillion footrest hanger. A short run of pipe to the swingarm allowing for suspension movement is then all that is required so that all oil from a press of the button is dropped onto the sprocket. Can be reached from the saddle.

I went all posh on the SV and fitted a Scottoiler. No regrets, the Scottoiler works well too and does not need to be operated manually. For the money the Loobman is hard to beat.
Fen Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-15, 09:35 PM   #6
Mickle

Not very good at this picture thing..... Why are they all upside down?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (91.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 28-11-15, 02:49 PM   #7
Fen Tiger

One thing I would say is, don't be tempted to remove the filler cap by pulling up on the tab. When I did that it just broke off! Better to take it off by prising it up with your nails. Let us know how you get on with the reservoir being at the front. Very convenient for the occasional button press.
Fen Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-15, 05:14 PM   #8
Mickle

It seems to work just fine located where it is Fen Tiger and thanks for the tip about the cap.

I am planning to turn up an aluminium replacement when I get sone time, bling it up sort of thing. The instructions say to make a trap and vent hole near the sprocket, this keeps lube in the majority of the pipe only the last couple of inches drains onto the sprocket. Pressing the button displaces the measured amount of oil which drains slowly to the sprocket. It is blindingly simple and it works!