SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-08-09, 02:35 AM   #1
Ceebl

Question Fuel Sensor

Hi
I have a curvy sk1 and origonally the fuel light blinked slowly (about indicator speed) when i was running low and went solid when i was nearly out, recently it blinked at double speed for no reason when the petrol was low and then eventually stopped working all together.
Does this hint towards a dodgy fuel sensor or is there a relay for the flash (if theres even meant to b a flash as i dont think my mates pointy has 2 types of fuel light!) The light itself still works when u turn the ignition on and the lights test comes on the dash, so theres obviously power and a good bulb its just a case of how its connected and if theres a relay in between!!!!
any advice or anyone else whos had this problem wud b muchly appreciated!!!

Also, i know most people will say whats the point... but i like to do pointles things to stuff.. ok? --> anyway, is it possible to fit an actual fuel gauge to a bike that does not come with one standard (sv650sk1) like is there any kits u can get to install a sensor into the tank etc or am i jus dreamin of a silly project here?? :P

Thanks for any help guys!
Old 17-08-09, 02:48 AM   #2
zadar

Default Re: Fuel Sensor

take sensor out and check if it broke off, common issue.
Old 17-08-09, 10:22 AM   #3
warrenhewitt10

maybe u should buy a new bike mate
Old 17-08-09, 11:48 AM   #4
Ceebl

Shut up pointyboy :P
Old 17-08-09, 02:12 PM   #5
Ceebl

Talking Re: Fuel Sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadar View Post
take sensor out and check if it broke off, common issue.

Thanks mate 15 min job. Top sensor was floatin on it's wire, literally clicks it back into place and resoldered it in, works perfectly

Anyone got any ideas about the fuel guage outa curiosity???
Old 17-08-09, 06:26 PM   #6
pin64

So is the fuel warning light not meant to flash on a pointy? Mine does this, always assumed it was meant to...

No idea about the fuel gauge sorry - can see why you'd want one though I've just made the switch from car to bike and when commuting its definitely a pain in the ass not knowing roughly how much fuel is in there. Maybe that comes with experience.
Old 17-08-09, 09:04 PM   #7
Ceebl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pin64 View Post
So is the fuel warning light not meant to flash on a pointy? Mine does this, always assumed it was meant to...

No idea about the fuel gauge sorry - can see why you'd want one though I've just made the switch from car to bike and when commuting its definitely a pain in the ass not knowing roughly how much fuel is in there. Maybe that comes with experience.
Yeh, i've been a biker for 3 years n I always kno by my trip how much fuel if got roughly, just thot for a sorta novelty thing more than anything haha!!
I duno wot the fuel lights on a pointy r meant to do, my mates doesn't but mine flashes for last few liters n then last wee bit of fuel it goes solid. I hav a curvy tho yay
Old 17-08-09, 09:16 PM   #8
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pin64 View Post

depends on the year, they went from 2 stage light to 1 stage then back to 2 stage, dont know the years
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote