SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2006 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2006 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 28-12-05, 12:51 PM   #121
jonboy

Do remember folks that it's the "national" annual rideout that we're planning not a regional one . Although Scotland is a gorgeous place it's so far for most peeps that the turnout would be minimal, hence my original post suggesting a central area which should guarantee the most number of bikes in attendance.

Old 28-12-05, 04:36 PM   #122
Dicky Ticker

Default As per

Point taken What about MATLOCK outside Derby half way between
B/ham and M/chester This area has some nice riding areas which the locals will be able to point out and camping/YHA/b&b Roughly half way between North and South in the middle of the Peak District

Old 28-12-05, 05:34 PM   #123
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

Matlock wud be perfecto for me !!
but dint ya do cat n fiddle a few years back !??

I will go amywhere cos last one was ace!..

I will bring mrs Quiff too this time..oh and leave me camera at home !!....so no pics.!!....

central sounds good though and deffo .... need the rideout and a social evenong.!! after so means the saturday really for the rideout!..or a mini one.!! relaxed BBQ is best I think..... just dossing around chewin the fat.

however- it is soo soo hard to organise and soo soo easy to throw in 2 pennies worth without offering to help that I will go with the flow...
Old 28-12-05, 05:46 PM   #124
jonboy

Matlock is again a gorgeous place but as Quiff says it was used for the Annual Rideout before last (plus it has avery heavy police presence).

Old 28-12-05, 06:26 PM   #125
Dicky Ticker

Default As per

Re Heavy Police presence That seems a common factor anyway if BIG APE goes first no problem

Where haven't we been bearing in mind that as you say JB it has to be fairly accessable for all Yorkshire Moors,or maybe The Lakes?
even East Anglia which is more promising with regard to weather for those that might be camping

Old 28-12-05, 06:50 PM   #126
jonboy

As regards BA, yes we'll make him go first I think .

But geographically, I really don't mind. I think I'll put up a poll with the different area options at the end of January and then let's see what peeps want.

Old 03-01-06, 10:58 AM   #127
WildBill

My vote is for the peak district.

I went to a weekend rally last year that was held here... http://home.freeuk.com/lumbfarm/ The place has great facilities and is pretty easy to find. Details of that rally can be found here... http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/meetings/UK2005.php

Has anyone decided on a date yet?

Old 03-01-06, 11:30 AM   #128
Viney
Mega Poster

How about back to the Podarosa(sp?)

if i remember, it was the 1st org annual rideout. maybe it would be nice to re vist there? Just a suggestion
Old 03-01-06, 07:31 PM   #129
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I've got a route we could do. It would want a bit of tweaking to cope with the amount of riders.

Imagine the sound of all those SV's rumbling up porlock hill

Only downside is that it would be a bit of a trek for alot, probably the majority of forum members

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 03-01-06, 07:58 PM   #130
Stig

I don't care where it is but can we start talking dates so that I can be sure to have the time off work.