SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 30-10-07, 12:48 PM   #11
Fizzy Fish

Default Re: A testiment to R&Gs

ah gutted for you re the bike glad you're ok and manged to enjoy the day though!
Old 30-10-07, 01:31 PM   #12
Demonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
If youre thinking of keeping it as a track bike make sure you pop down to those guys at Souther Cross in kilburn i was telling you about. Aprillia dealer who races himself n all that. I'm sure he'd have plenty of advice and parts, lol.
Glad you had a good day for it at least.
Hey - did I not say thanks for passing on those contacts. I am on first name basis with the guys in the workshop now as I get all my servicing and parts from here - top crew.
Old 30-10-07, 01:33 PM   #13
Demonz

Thanks for the kinds words

I pushed it into the light today

Even the brake pedal got a grinding.

And all 3
Old 30-10-07, 02:49 PM   #14
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

As you say a testament to 'quality' R&G's.
Yeah the can looks bad, but is it still airtight at least for track? & just think what could have happened - radiator? fairing's? if the bike wasn't so tidy to start with. & compare with SV R&G's that seem to do a lot of bending/breaking?
Will it polish out (frame, swing arm, engine casing?)
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-07, 07:44 PM   #15
Demonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
As you say a testament to 'quality' R&G's.
Yeah the can looks bad, but is it still airtight at least for track? & just think what could have happened - radiator? fairing's? if the bike wasn't so tidy to start with. & compare with SV R&G's that seem to do a lot of bending/breaking?
Will it polish out (frame, swing arm, engine casing?)
Cans will be fine. They are off an RSV which I pulled the guts out of so I will just open it back up and knock it into shape for the track. I have the originals which I just finished coring out - so these will go back on.

The frame and swingarm are anodised so I'm not sure what to do as polishing will be ok - but needs more i think. The frame should have been black anyway so it maybe an idea to strip it and powdercoat it - maybe the swingarm as well but there are lots of cheap ones kicking about so optional replacement. Will look at the costs and intended use and go from here.