SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-03-07, 05:43 PM   #1
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Default Embarrassing Biking Moments.

We've all had them haven't we?

Mine goes back many, many, years...............to when I was 17. My mate Neil had just got a brand new Kawasaki Z250, and I was dying to have a go on it. Not having a licence, of course I couldn't ride it on the road, but he agreed to let me take it up and down the service road behind his house where the garages were.

Being shorter than a very short thing, my feet didn't reach the ground, so another mate, Ben, said he'd sit on the back in case there was an urgent need for feet down

So off I went, up the service road, big smile on my face. Got to the end, turned the bike round with no problem, and started back to where Neil and the rest of my mates were waiting.

Now, it was a lovely, sunny day, really warm. All I was wearing was jeans and a halter neck top that fastened at the back of my neck with a clip. Halfway back to Neil and the others, Ben undid the clip!

I can still remember the next moments so clearly. Neil screamed, and covered his eyes with his hands. Not because my baby feeders were flapping in the wind, but because he was convinced I would panic and bin his pride and joy.

I didn't. I just calmly rode back to where the others were waiting, stopped the bike, turned the engine off, got off, did my top back up..................and slapped Ben so hard his ear rang for the rest of the day

So while I was totally embarrassed by riding topless, I'm still proud that I managed to keep my cool and not drop Neil's bike

So that's mine. Anyone else got one they would like to share?

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-07, 06:12 PM   #2
John 675

Unhappy Re: Embarrassing Biking Moments.

lol, thats pretty funny lol,
mine was when i had my Yamaha DT125
it was again a very nice summer day and i was enjoying country roads with my mates,
1, on a Deijing 125 (chinese copy)
2. on a Cagiva mito 125
so were flying along and round the corner to approach an underpass of a motorway, and its absolutly waterlogged from wall to wall, with about 4 foot of water in the deepest part. . . they both slow down and stop,
I had a moment where i thought should i or shouldnt i. . . so i did it, kicked up through the gears to 6th 70MPH straight into it, i can only describe the feeling as jet sking on the ocean... but i made it with the waters parting either side of my DT like the red sea im out the tunnel into the sun again, cheering away raising one hand to the non existing crowds,
then.. i break to go on to slow down, front wheel finds a nice sloppy horse **** in the road and i fall,
bike hits the deck and i end up in a ditch covered in horse **** and mud

i still dont live it down
Old 21-03-07, 06:14 PM   #3
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Default Re: Embarrassing Biking Moments.

Mine is quite boring really

Binning the bike on my 1st rideout and somehow managing to break my collarbone.

If I hadnt injured myself would have been even more embarassing

David
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-07, 06:23 PM   #4
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

This is a Trike moment but worth a good laugh at my expense.
Once upon a time in a distant Asian land a mate and me hired a rickshaw and driver to do the rounds of the town and consume a bit of beer.On one of the few tarmac bits of road we got up a bit of speed going down a slight hill and failed to negotiate the right hand bend at the bottom.We careered across a small muddy verge and found a drainage ditch to slide into as the rickshaw turned over and landed on top of us.That would have been bad enough,but we very soon discovered we were upside down in the town's main sewer.
My mate turned to me and said words to the effect---"You're full of **** you."
Old 21-03-07, 06:50 PM   #5
sarah

i got a bit lost when i was supposed to be riding round the block before the emergency stop part of my bike test. ended up going back the way i came which really confused the examiner as he was expecting me to come down the road from the opposite direction
Old 21-03-07, 06:52 PM   #6
thumper21

Where to begin for embarassing moment!

Was out on my first run ever a few weeks after my CBT with my mate on his kwak zx6r, came up to a set of lights thought he was going to twist the trottle and go on through but he braked and I went flying into the back of him! Worse still it was at junction in glasgow city center, so there goes me skipping down the road as my bike went in the other direction and my mate falls over to the side with the impact of me hitting the rear of his bike. Sat up in the middle of the junction bit dazzed to see a bus stopped about 5ft from me and people running over to see if we are ok

Also my mate with kawk zx6r thought his bike wasnt handling right, so he stripped the front completely checked all the headbearings, forks etc only to find out a few days later it was his front tyer preasure that was down! LOL!!!
Old 21-03-07, 06:58 PM   #7
K

Not really embarassing per se, but probably dumbest was on teh Nurburgring trip last year. I did something I've never done before in 19 years of biking - left my keys in the ignition for the entirety of the ferry trip.

Well, at least the bike couldn't really go anywhere.

Thing was I went and kept leaving them in the ignition throughout the entire trip! Odd, as I've not done it since either.
Old 21-03-07, 06:58 PM   #8
skint

Mine too goes back many years when I had my first Suzy GT185. Stopped to refuel I got off the bike and went to step back to put her on the rear stand only to find there was no place for me to step back because of the kerb to the pumps. There I was lying under my bike somewhat helpless with petrol peeing all over my groin. Ever had petrol spilt there? Stings like hell! I was helped up by a couple burly mechys, rode home very fast, lept of bike and into the bath fully clothed!
Old 21-03-07, 08:35 PM   #9
Beenz

Err, embarrasment #1

Back in the eighties on my XJ650 Yam on the way back to the Midlands from a camping holiday darn sarf. Got a tad lost in the holiday traffic and saw a walking plod officer and turned the bike to ask him the way only to find my ex GF had removered her lid as it was hot and I'd gone the wrong way down a one way street, Mr Plod didn't see us arrive so thought she had taken it off to listen but did chuckle a tad as I was pointing the wrong way, no problem though.

I think it was on me old DT175 (also a long time ago) when an old dear wandered into the road, I swerved too sharp to miss her and caught the front wheel against the kerb and duly lost balance and fell off. Old dear looking a tad curious at seeing a geezer on the floor tried to take me lid off and motioned to others that the 'poor lad' (long time ago remember) was making odd choking noises so was trying to help, fact was the lid was still done up and the old girl was nearly choking me.
Old 21-03-07, 08:41 PM   #10
Beenz

Pulled a wheely on my old SP370 when riding down an entry to visit an old buddy, throttle stuck and crashed into said buddies bike and caused me mate to leap for dear life out of the way. Broke two fingers and a knuckle (or was it the other way around) a week later #4 happened, I'll not elaborate on that one as its a tad embarrasing