SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2010 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2010 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 17-07-10, 05:06 PM   #51
-Ralph-

Default Re: I.C.E (incase of emergency)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
I can just picture the scene (cos someone is bound to record it on their phone and put it on Youtube...) Young copper kneeling over casualty singing Nelly The Elephant whilst grieving relatives look on. I mean, just look at the lyrics, "Nelly the Elephant said good by to the circus". Just what are you trying to say about my Grandma or our family?
Perhaps some Bob Dylon "Knock knock knockin' on heavens door" would be more appropriate?
OK, maybe keep that one for the public, not the professionals
Old 19-07-10, 08:13 PM   #52
Speedy Claire

I`ve been teaching first aid for 4 years now and as Diamond stated earlier the feeling is that prior to a person collapsing from a heart attack they will take a big gasp of air so there is some air circulating thru the lungs. You no longer do the 2 rescue breaths (unless it`s a baby or child and then you administer 5 rescue breaths). It`s now 30 compressions to 2 breaths at the rate of just under 2 compressions a second so nelly the elephant is no longer suitable lol.

The ratio will be changing again shortly (I believe) but I`ve not as yet been informed as to what it will be.
Old 19-07-10, 08:23 PM   #53
Bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Claire View Post

The ratio will be changing again shortly (I believe) but I`ve not as yet been informed as to what it will be.

seeing as they change it just about every year, chances are what ever you do will be wrong, but doing some thing is better than nothing, ie better to give 10 or 15 or 20 compressions to a few breaths, than say don't know what's current so better not do it.
Old 19-07-10, 08:42 PM   #54
Speedy Claire

Totally agree... is unlikely that compressions will restart the heart without a defibrillator but at least you`re keeping the circulation going and therefore giving the person a fighting chance.
Old 21-07-10, 09:58 PM   #55
BernardBikerchick

i am likely to have giggle spasms with much frequency throughout the weekend he hehe he he he he he

but i got a web catcher with me and my bro is the other one phone always glued to my head !!
Old 21-07-10, 10:01 PM   #56
BernardBikerchick

st johns first aid trained too !