SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 03-04-13, 09:12 PM   #21
Daimo

Default Re: 1st April 2013

haha, nahh, it was mainly the guy on the Factory Aprillia, some bloke on a blue R1, and a chap on an orange/black CBR1000. Still, got them all back under braking haha

Thats why I moved up from novices last year, people are un-predicatable, inters isn't so bad, and fast is best, but then you get people trying to actually race in the fast, so its kinda swings and roundabouts.

Thats why I love the videos (hence butt shot) as you can see where your going wrong and improve for next time

BLOODY HELL, did he come round the outside, thats taking the micky that is, thats closer than anyone got to me all day, thats really naughty!!

I've run a Supercorsa 3 on the front all last year and love it, but it'll die soon. Just put a K2 on the rear and its superb, but for summer I'm gonna buy me some slicks

Good day though, always is when you get home, bikes working, and you've not come off it
Old 03-04-13, 09:45 PM   #22
ogden
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimo View Post
BLOODY HELL, did he come round the outside, thats taking the micky that is, thats closer than anyone got to me all day, thats really naughty!!
I was just coming up behind the bloke on the streetfightered blade, considered nipping past on the way into Oggies, but decided to drop in behind him and have him on the way onto the back straight.

Not sure what the clown behind me was doing, whether he failed to brake or just didn't expect me to slot in behind the blade, but he came flying up my outside, practically on the grass, and shat himself trying to haul it up for the corner. He was in the same garage as me and when I showed him the video he was most apologetic. He said there was contact, I didn't feel anything, but nobody died in a fireball so it could've been worse.

Like this, for example:

S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7

Last edited by ogden; 03-04-13 at 09:53 PM.
ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-13, 08:23 PM   #23
ogden
Mega Poster

Writeup, with photos and a few videos, here: http://eldaifo.blogspot.co.uk/2013/0...trackdays.html
Old 07-04-13, 11:54 AM   #24
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Nice videos and write ups Ogden. The yellow bike was way too close. Scary. And i've never seen anyone as far from an apex as that streetfightered Blade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimo View Post
...and fast is best, but then you get people trying to actually race in the fast, so its kinda swings and roundabouts.
That's the best bit of track days! You get friendly rivalries going and in advance you can trust people more. One of the best sessions i've ever had was battling with a complete stranger on an RSV4. Found out after he had a video running.

Making a nuisance of myself from 7.35 to the end really. I was on Mr. Spiers' SRAD 600 with the orange wheels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbWAy-f7vD4
Old 07-04-13, 03:59 PM   #25
ogden
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post
That's the best bit of track days! You get friendly rivalries going and in advance you can trust people more. One of the best sessions i've ever had was battling with a complete stranger on an RSV4.
I had a lovely session on Monday with a chap on a gixer, we were dicing the whole session and his lines were pretty good so I had confidence he wasn't going to do anything stupid.

Felt a bit deflated when I realised we were both in the same garage and he was on a 750. A rather well sorted 750 though, and much newer than my venerable old tourer!
Old 07-04-13, 05:58 PM   #26
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

I'm itching to get to a track day again soon. It's horrible not being able to do it.
Old 13-04-13, 09:51 PM   #27
Daimo

Was about to ask if you were wearing the green/black fleece, but then checked your blog and saw it in your van lol.

I briefly saw u on my **** shot vid where you've taken that still image, otherwise just when you were in front of my friend. Ironically I spoke to that polish chap saying he'd got quicker. Then he dumped it in the next session giving us another red flag

I've not got another planned this month, was gonna do Lydden but saving for a car so I can tow the bike, so looks like May. Prob do Snet or Brands again as they are the closest. Not had many "plays" yet, either they seem much faster, or much slower, but it'll come im sure.