SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Suits Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 20-02-07, 03:35 PM   #1
jambo
Mega Poster

Default Custom Leathers

Ok I have now given up on finding a set of good quality, 2 piece plain black leathers in my size (Very tall and rather skinny) and am looking to pay a company in the South East of England for preference to make me a set. It's going to cost but I fully expect to keep them for many years to come.

So, Recomendations? I've had a strong suggestion that Hideout Leathers http://www.hideout-leather.co.uk/ are worth contacting. Any personal experiance of other companies?
Old 20-02-07, 04:31 PM   #2
Mr Toad

Default Re: Custom Leathers

Crowtree and BKS have very good reputations, if you're prepared to travel a bit. Otherwise wait a few years and you'll be a fat git like the rest of us
Old 20-02-07, 08:22 PM   #3
Kate

Nine Lives do tailor made leathers as well as alterations. Would recommend them and they have a quick turnaround at the moment too.
Old 20-02-07, 09:02 PM   #4
Demonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Nine Lives do tailor made leathers as well as alterations. Would recommend them and they have a quick turnaround at the moment too.
Jambo - 2nd these guys. A cheap option is to pick up a used set that arent far off and they will add and cut bits to make them fit. They did a good job at some I took in recently and I know a few on here have used them now. Theyre in Farnbough.
Old 20-02-07, 09:05 PM   #5
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmonsta View Post
Jambo - 2nd these guys. A cheap option is to pick up a used set that arent far off and they will add and cut bits to make them fit. They did a good job at some I took in recently and I know a few on here have used them now. Theyre in Farnbough.
Agree with the suggestion as that's what I did, just (unlike me) make sure you start out with a reasonably good set of leathers.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-07, 10:44 PM   #6
Essex of Essex

Thumbs up Re: Custom Leathers

A colleague used Hideout and was well chuffed.
Essex of Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-07, 08:34 AM   #7
Dave The Rave

http://www.psihubik.cz/?language=en

gets my vote. £400-£450 for custom made leathers (one or two piece - your call) quality second to none. They do it by post. But get yourself a fly ticket to Prague (stay for the weekend, have a great time and nip to the shop.) You choose what you want, colours, stickers, armour etc. done within 3-4 weeks. PM me if you need more info. As said the materials, quality of finish etc is second to none. They operate across all Europe but UK. However I spoke to them last year and they are pretty close to entering the UK market too.
Old 06-03-07, 09:07 PM   #8
Ginge_SV

I've got a two piece hideout set of leathers and love em fit like a glove and the service is fantastic!!
Old 09-03-07, 11:04 PM   #9
Uberloinvongenchler

finally i can post! - i just got their brochure yesterday and i have to say at 2 mins down the road from me, it would be an insult not to get some hideout gear -the quality looks fantastic, and they are equally cool! -defintely wish i had some more money!
Old 10-03-07, 03:06 PM   #10
Uberloinvongenchler

WOOHOO! I ordered my Hideout leather trousers (mum bought them on saftey grounds)!!!

they fit like a glove (well not really) but yeah they are a great fit - my body seems to match very well to their design - im not sure whether they suit different body shapes better than others, but im kinda medium build and not fat.

they wont do haggling - £320, but hey it seems negligible considering how long they will last -actually very cheap considering i will have them for a few decades...

so i found out to tehy can also make adjustmnets quite easily to fit if one gets a little keen on the christmas pudding in winter

howver, what is great is that tehy wont try and flog you stuff to replace your old kit like most places will do. for example she didnt try and sell me the most expensive lid when i said i think it might be due replacement -she even suggested just the lining but also said my gloves were fine when i asked her opinion as tehy are quite old and not the most expensive, and were second hand.

also got made a coffee and you don't get pressured to make a choice at all like in the hein gericke store i went to...(dont get me wrong hein gericke is good stuff) but here everything is explained well and the women who runs it is the advisor - no saturday boy with no clue.

damn i really don't want to sound like i'm a salesrep for them as i've never been to buy anything there before and also there is so much poorly made products and rip off services in this world today that i feel excited when i find something genuinely good