SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-12-06, 07:47 PM   #11
craigk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe
Are you sure that the feeder tube is located in the correct position? If not, it doesn't matter how well the oiler works, if it's not directed in the correct position it will do nothing. Also, have you checked that the flow is fast enough?

Blue is for cold and warm weather, red is for hot. Red is thicker a thicker oil than the blue as when it's hot it thins out. If you are using red oil it may be too thick too flow properly.

I assume that you have checked to ensure that it is flowing when the bike is running? I have mine set to about 4 drops a minute in the current weather.
i aint moved the position of the drip tube since i bought the bike, its currently touching the rear sprocket at the bottom just where the chain meets, this problem has only occurred since it ran out and i topped it back up. thing is i dont know where to adjust it to. its positioned under the passenger seat and the black adjuster lever thing on the top is passed half way.
Old 30-12-06, 07:47 PM   #12
kwak zzr

Rust looking chain? mmmm i use wd40 a toothbrush and a rag you can evan read DID on the links
Old 30-12-06, 07:49 PM   #13
craigk

How do kwak zzr.

i did that the other day, it seems that when i come back off a ride its all flung off....
Old 30-12-06, 07:56 PM   #14
kwak zzr

yea when its clean spray it with pj1 or something sim and let it set on for a few hours before riding, it does fling tho. where in wolves are u craigk?
Old 30-12-06, 08:04 PM   #15
craigk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr
yea when its clean spray it with pj1 or something sim and let it set on for a few hours before riding, it does fling tho. where in wolves are u craigk?
just by the "Merry Boys" (off the Willenhall road)
Old 30-12-06, 08:27 PM   #16
kwak zzr

ahh right by my place of work! we'll have to get a ride out in the summer.
Old 30-12-06, 08:32 PM   #17
craigk

Quote:
ahh right by my place of work! we'll have to get a ride out in the summer.
sound...been waiting for some decent weather to come.. had some new Metz`ers fitted a couple of months back i`m up to the elephants trunk at the mo on the rear strips... got to get them down..
Old 30-12-06, 08:36 PM   #18
netsurfer

Quote:
Rust looking chain? mmmm i use wd40 a toothbrush and a rag you can evan read DID on the links
WD40 will damage the o-rings over time!

Pete
Old 30-12-06, 08:40 PM   #19
kwak zzr

yea i know but i dont like the look of a shi#y chain I'd rather change the chain at more regular intervals.
Old 30-12-06, 10:20 PM   #20
oldjack

Craig, it sounds like the drip tube is positioned OK. The black adjuster thing needs to be turned fully clockwise so the pointer is set to 'prime' (written on the reservoir rim together with the numbers 1 to 10 [I think], mine's under the seat too, its a bit hard to read without a torch). Then you need to force all the air locks out of the tubing by pushing oil through it using the oil bottle as a pump - push the nozzle of the bottle into the hole at the top of the rubber plug so there's an airtight fit and squeeze the bottle so the air locks move down the tubing, oil will only flow properly when all the air locks have gone. Then reset the adjuster to halfway again and run the engine, oil should drip freely if the vacuum pipe connection to the engine is OK. Mine's set on number 2, much less than halfway.

See the scottoiler website for where the vacuum tube is likely to be connected, it tells you all this stuff anyway, you can download the instruction manual.

Hope this helps.