SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 14-04-05, 02:29 PM   #1
Rockin' Rob

Default DAS in London?

Hi,

As i said in my 'hello' thread, im wanting to do my direct access in London soon.

I was wondering if theres anywhere anyone would recommend? I live near Holland Park but can obviously travel a bit!

Prices and experiences would be good please!

Cheers,

RoB
Old 14-04-05, 02:33 PM   #2
thor

Metropolis were good for me.

Ask for Keith, he's strict but has an 80% pass rate!
Old 14-04-05, 05:15 PM   #3
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

i'd recommend Freedom Motorcycle Training. Their webiste.

I'm in Mill Hill (20 mins from Holland Park) and the school is 20mins from me. i dunno if thats more than you were thinking of travelling but the nice thing is that they have a 95% pass rate as a school and you also get to be away from the idiots that you find in central London areas.

I did a 3day course after having not been on a bike in over 15yrs and passed first time.

Really nice bunch and they took delivery of brand new ER5's on the day i passed so their bikes are allno more than 10months old.

hth

Dunno if i saw your "hello thread" so Hi....and welcome to the site.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-05, 06:16 PM   #4
Jelster

I used Passmasters in Northolt (just off the A40 by Polish War memorial) www.passmasters.co.uk.

Very good, and I'm booking my son in for his CBT in a couple of weeks...

Old 14-04-05, 09:00 PM   #5
Sudoxe

Phone arround and try and find an indipendant guy, I've used two guys fairly local to me, Dave (D&G Rider Training) hes in bromley (a bit far from you!), and Steve - freedom rider training (a different one to spidermans though. http://www.freedomridertraining.com/ hes in swanley or essex.

I did a DAS at a fairly big place, in swanley and there attitude stank. It was a big con, just had us rideing arround there yard, swapping bikes over, "I've taught more people to ride than you have had hot dinners". No shock i failed my das with them people, and didnt go back for my free retraining. It was really like a pass your test boot camp! Really try to avoid these!!

After i failed my first test, I found Dave (D&G) did a two day course with him, failed because a car pulled out on me, booked another test and he gave me a days free training, as he had a spare day! Needless to say i passed that test no worries.

I've just done some advanced training with Steve (freedom), and feel a lot more confident now. He does DAS as well.

These guys work for there own company, and really have a passion for what they do and care about there company image! So you may find you get more value for money at one!

Dave even holds a BBQ in the summer for all his Ex students!

Dan
Old 15-04-05, 12:22 AM   #6
Rockin' Rob

thanks for all the replies people!

Ill keep looking up websites, i hadnt really thought about the more independent types, sounds like it could be a good idea.

Cheers, keep them coming

RoB
Old 15-04-05, 07:13 AM   #7
DeeJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
i'd recommend Freedom Motorcycle Training. Their webiste.

I'm in Mill Hill (20 mins from Holland Park) and the school is 20mins from me. i dunno if thats more than you were thinking of travelling but the nice thing is that they have a 95% pass rate as a school and you also get to be away from the idiots that you find in central London areas.

I did a 3day course after having not been on a bike in over 15yrs and passed first time.

Really nice bunch and they took delivery of brand new ER5's on the day i passed so their bikes are allno more than 10months old.

hth

Dunno if i saw your "hello thread" so Hi....and welcome to the site.
Dito... Freedom for me to... Ask for Keith!!
Old 15-04-05, 07:33 AM   #8
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudoxe
Phone arround and try and find an indipendant guy, I've used two guys fairly local to me.......

I did a DAS at a fairly big place, in swanley and there attitude stank.
That's pretty strong Dan... Are you inferring that all of the larger organisations offer poor service ?

YOU had a bad experience, I didn't, and passed first time (as have many others) . If a training organisation is reccomended by somebody on here then that should be an indication that they are competent (nobody would want to put their name to a poor outfit would they...)

Old 15-04-05, 05:00 PM   #9
Rockin' Rob

freedom look ok (judging by your comments and their website!) ill give them a call and see how they sound methinks

cheers,
RoB
Old 15-04-05, 10:53 PM   #10
jump

I live Battersea but was willing to go all the way north for Elite - Wembley... for best motorcycle school and Colin Collins Pinner rd for best bike shop...j