SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-05-05, 01:38 PM   #1
thor

Default Exhaust questions and E-Bay

Ok, so I want an exhaust for my K4 that is cheap so it doesn't hurt so much when I throw it down the road. Loudness is not such an issue for me but I don't want to get any points. Finally, I would like to be able to return the bike to stock when I sell it sometime in the future.

Soooo, basically I need a cheap, road legal full system.

I saw this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...971600674&rd=1

and thought it looked cheap. Can I get the other pipes from blue flame (or who ever) to create a full system, thereby avoiding having to cut the stock pipe?

Also, what do people think of these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ayphotohosting

Thanks...
Old 06-05-05, 02:00 PM   #2
Mr Toad

the first one looks nice, but you will still have to cut the pipe as it is a slip on, not a full system. They supply the link pipe, so all it takes is a quick cut with an angle grinder. A full system won't be cheap, and if you're scared of grinding it down the road, just get a slip on, and a R&G exhaust protector

the second just looks like a standard SV exhaust - why would you want to buy one when you already have one
Old 06-05-05, 02:16 PM   #3
thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toad
the first one looks nice, but you will still have to cut the pipe as it is a slip on, not a full system. They supply the link pipe, so all it takes is a quick cut with an angle grinder. A full system won't be cheap, and if you're scared of grinding it down the road, just get a slip on, and a R&G exhaust protector
Yeah they have adapters to refit the original can, however the seller on ebay has probably used them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toad
the second just looks like a standard SV exhaust - why would you want to buy one when you already have one
Because it's cheaper than buying it from suzuki? Of course, I'd prefer a race can.
Old 06-05-05, 02:40 PM   #4
Flamin_Squirrel

Yeah but it's crazy to spend minimum £300 on standard pipework, before you've even bought the race can, you'd be looking at £500 in total. You could almost get a full akrapovic systems for that.
Old 06-05-05, 02:42 PM   #5
thor

Hmm...
Old 06-05-05, 02:51 PM   #6
Mr Toad

anyway the picture shows a 'baffle'

stick that in, and you're through the MOT no probs
Old 06-05-05, 04:57 PM   #7
jon

You could always pickup a mid section to avoid cutting your current system. They appear on ebay from time to time and seem to go between £10-£30. That way you can put the original can on the bike when you come to sell without a nasty patched exhaust.

That's what i'm doing anyway.. just got to work out how to get to the rear collector clamp now....
Old 07-05-05, 11:07 PM   #8
thor

Ok so this is what Joe told me also. The ideas is that I fit a new mid section and the cut that to fit a new link pipe and slip on can - right?

I'll take a look out on e-bay for one...