SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 31-07-10, 01:31 PM   #1
RedMacgregor

Default Nitron Rear Shock - Helibars etc for sale

After recently selling my SV650s I have a few bits and pieces that were removed prior to the sale to sell on.

1. A Nitron rear shock NTR Sport NTBKS26S suitable for all pointy SVs - this was purchased brand new from Nitron and was only on the bike for around 3 months - it looks as good as new. This is a high pressure gas monotube and not to be confused with a cheap emulsion shock - if you have sorted your front end and need to get the rear end sorted this is for you. No mods needed and can be fitted in 30 minutes. Rebound and compression are controlled by one adjuster. Shock length and preload can be adjusted - I fitted this straight on my bike and it needed no further adjustments - the spring rate is for someone between 10.5 to 11.5 stone. It can be completely serviced by Nitron for around £80 when required. Will be sold with all original documents and packaging. I paid £346 for it so asking for £260 + postage

2. One pair of Helibars fits all fairing models from 2003 onwards. These are in very good condition no chips in the epoxy paint but there are marks where the brake/clutch levers and throttle rub the paint as expected. They move the riding position up and backwards and give more leverage as bar width is slightly wider. If you have problems with your wrists and back these will help and you retain the clip on look. Sold in original box with all instructions. They retail at £258.00 so asking for £115 + postage.

3. A Healtech gear indicator GIpro/ATRE S03 - fits 2003 models onwards - these are great if you're never sure which gear you're in. It's a big clear display that just attaches to the instrument housing with velcro. This one has the ATRE fitted which stops the engine retarding the engine in lower gears - makes the bike a little smoother - this can be easily disabled if not required. Fitting is very easy two plugs and one supply wire to the battery. I can't find the original box but I do have the original fitting instructions. Retail for this £106 so asking £50 + postage. ***NOW SOLD***

If you have any questions regarding the items for sale ask away. Cheers Steve.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 002 (Large).jpg (84.8 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 003 (Large).jpg (63.8 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 004 (Large).jpg (67.8 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 001 (Large).jpg (93.5 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 005 (Large).jpg (120.2 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by RedMacgregor; 03-08-10 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-08-10, 07:29 PM   #2
RedMacgregor

Default Re: Nitron Rear Shock - Helibars etc for sale

A pair of similar Helibars for an SV just sold for £132 on Ebay - makes these look a bargain!!
Old 02-08-10, 10:44 AM   #3
adamhuntuk

1st dibs on gear indicator
Old 02-08-10, 07:00 PM   #4
RedMacgregor

Adam they are yours if you are offering the asking price mate. Postage is £2.99 second class signed for (only covered for £41) or £5.50 fo next day special delivery. I'll let you decide.
Old 02-08-10, 07:17 PM   #5
adamhuntuk

Hi yes i will have the gear indicator, and i would like it on the next day delivery please. I will pm you my paypal address if you want to send me a money request?

Thanks

Adam
Old 02-08-10, 08:03 PM   #6
RedMacgregor

OK Adam will do - Gear Indicator now sold.
Old 02-08-10, 08:21 PM   #7
RedMacgregor

Hi Adam - e-mailed the request let me have your address by PM mate.
Old 03-08-10, 06:40 PM   #8
RedMacgregor

Shock and bars still available
Old 03-08-10, 07:20 PM   #9
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMacgregor View Post
This is a high pressure gas monoshock and not to be confused with a cheap emulsion shock
Not to be awkward, but care to point out the difference?
Old 03-08-10, 07:39 PM   #10
RedMacgregor

Not that I'm any expert but my understanding is that an emulsion type has air/oil mixed together where the nitron has a separate high pressure nitrogen reservoir separated in this case by a second floating piston. The slightly more expensive models have the gas reservoir external to the shock which means the shock length can be shorter because the gas is housed outside of the shock. I'm sure if you pop on Nitron's web site there is a better explanation than mine.
So are you interested in buying it???????