SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 20-05-08, 02:31 PM   #41
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: NW Rideouts & accidents

Good point Pete.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-08, 05:50 PM   #42
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

There is nothing wrong with the way the rideouts are being run and I see no need to have two, three or more groups. And who is going to decide who should ride in each group? Who has the right to say to anyone 'sorry Mate, you ain't quick/ experienced enough to ride in the fast group'. We're all adults, all in charge of our own throttles (or Pete is, in my case) and all know the risks we take anywhere, not just on NW rideouts.

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-08, 06:00 PM   #43
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
There is nothing wrong with the way the rideouts are being run and I see no need to have two, three or more groups. And who is going to decide who should ride in each group? Who has the right to say to anyone 'sorry Mate, you ain't quick/ experienced enough to ride in the fast group'. We're all adults, all in charge of our own throttles (or Pete is, in my case) and all know the risks we take anywhere, not just on NW rideouts.
No ones criticised the way the rideouts are run Lissa, I think Baph has made a fair point in the first place bringing it up because he,s concerned about peeps safety thats all, and I only sugested the varying route idea cos I think we are doing that on the 'Glencoe massacre' rideout, or at least it was mentioned anyway, as I ive said before we,re all adults so ultimately its our own responsibility at the end of the day.
Old 20-05-08, 06:10 PM   #44
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
No ones criticised the way the rideouts are run Lissa, I think Baph has made a fair point in the first place bringing it up because he,s concerned about peeps safety thats all, and I only sugested the varying route idea cos I think we are doing that on the 'Glencoe massacre' rideout, or at least it was mentioned anyway, as I ive said before we,re all adults so ultimately its our own responsibility at the end of the day.

No, I know that Stewie, but it worries me slightly that people will be put off from coming if they feel they are going to be designated to a 'group', or told their riding isn't good enough to be in this that or the other group.

For me, the biggest thing about these weekends is us all being together, riding together, laughing and bantering together at the stops, pulling together if problems happen.................if that ends I don't know if I would still want to attend because then the spirit of these weekends would be lost.

Old 20-05-08, 06:13 PM   #45
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

The glencoe massacre one is different in that it's a chance for people to do a little extra mileage if they fancy, it's not going to be determined by percieved ability.
Old 20-05-08, 06:20 PM   #46
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
No, I know that Stewie, but it worries me slightly that people will be put off from coming if they feel they are going to be designated to a 'group', or told their riding isn't good enough to be in this that or the other group.

For me, the biggest thing about these weekends is us all being together, riding together, laughing and bantering together at the stops, pulling together if problems happen.................if that ends I don't know if I would still want to attend because then the spirit of these weekends would be lost.
Yep, spot on, if we lose the spirit of the NW rideouts, then tbh its not worth attending I agree.
Old 20-05-08, 06:22 PM   #47
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
The glencoe massacre one is different in that it's a chance for people to do a little extra mileage if they fancy, it's not going to be determined by percieved ability.
Then I must have misenterpereted it in that case
Old 20-05-08, 06:32 PM   #48
Speedy Claire

One important thing that has occurred to me is that I think there`s enormous benefits to be gleaned by having experienced riders in your group and not splitting up into smaller groups dependant on riding experience.

I`m not suggesting here that you have to match that experienced rider in speed but when the pace is a little more sedate it`s a good learning experience to follow that riders lines in bends etc. observing how they ride and taking on board some of their techniques is a good learning aid.
Old 20-05-08, 06:50 PM   #49
neio79

This thread is starting to **** me off now, WTF is this going to achieve, nothing!!!!!!!!!

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE WAY THE NW RIDE OUTS HAPPEN. ACCIDENTS HAPPEN AND WE CANT CHANGE THAT.

BOTTOM BLOODY LINE EVERY ONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN RIDING AND SELF CONTROL.

PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD AS I THINK IT IS ONLY GOING TO CAUSE BAD FEELING SURROUNDING THE NW RIDE OUTS WHEN THERE IS NO NEED AT ALL.
Old 20-05-08, 06:54 PM   #50
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

I don't think it will cause bad feeling Neio, we're all sensible enough to have a discussion without it getting out of hand.