SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-07-06, 10:51 AM   #1
keithd

Default Respect to the Suffolk Police....

Quote:
LONDON (AFP) - Police in eastern England are telling local women to wear nice knickers and have a wax before getting fuelled up on booze, newspapers reported.

The latest attempt by the police to get hip with the kids is aimed at hammering home a responsible drinking message to the sort of young lady who might be found blind drunk and vomiting in a gutter after a night out on the town.

"For those of you intent on getting ratted (drunk) this weekend, think," reads Safe! magazine, accompanied by pictures of a scantily-clad woman collapsed on the floor flashing her underwear.

"If you fall over or pass out, remember your skirt or dress may ride up. You could show off more than you intended -- for all our sakes, please make sure you're wearing nice pants and that you've recently had a wax.

"Better still, eat before you go out, think about how much you're drinking, pace yourself and drink plenty of water between bevvies (drinks), or better still, don't get in this sorry state -- it's not nice."

The Suffolk constabulary in eastern England insists there is a serious point behind their seemingly bizarre advice.

Officers felt they had to talk to women in a language they might understand.

"There have been a number of attacks on women who have been drinking and there is a serious message to get across," a Suffolk Police spokeswoman told The Guardian newsapaper.

"We've written this in a gossipy, tongue-in-cheek style in the hope that young women will pick it up and read it and take notice."
remember girls, nobody likes it when you have a bad hair day...
Old 13-07-06, 10:59 AM   #2
Viney
Mega Poster

Re'spect
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-06, 11:27 AM   #3
JUICY LUCY

Default Re: Respect to the Suffolk Police....

[quote="keithd"]
Quote:
LONDON (AFP) - Police in eastern England are telling local women to wear nice knickers and have a wax before getting fuelled up on booze, newspapers reported.

"For those of you intent on getting ratted (drunk) this weekend, think," reads Safe! magazine, accompanied by pictures of a scantily-clad woman collapsed on the floor flashing her underwear.

"If you fall over or pass out, remember your skirt or dress may ride up. You could show off more than you intended -- for all our sakes, please make sure you're wearing nice pants and that you've recently had a wax.

"Better still, eat before you go out, think about how much you're drinking, pace yourself and drink plenty of water between bevvies (drinks), or better still, don't get in this sorry state -- it's not nice."

"There have been a number of attacks on women who have been drinking and there is a serious message to get across," a Suffolk Police spokeswoman told The Guardian newsapaper.

"We've written this in a gossipy, tongue-in-cheek style in the hope that young women will pick it up and read it and take notice."

..........OK, so as long as I've got my best knickers on and had a brazilian wax, I won't offend anyone. Ah good idea, eat before I go out so that I have a soft liquid to land in - LOVELY . Oh yes, doesn't say anything about not going topless so I guess I can assume that'll be OK as I lay in my sick showing off my diamond encrusted underwear and brazilian wax - LUVERLY
Old 13-07-06, 11:33 AM   #4
Warthog

I think they mean wax your legs, not a brazilian
Old 13-07-06, 11:36 AM   #5
keithd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog
thats not what they meant in my mind.....
Old 13-07-06, 11:36 AM   #6
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog

No, no, no.........they meant "get a Brazilian"
Old 13-07-06, 11:38 AM   #7
Ping

Not entirely sure where they get the idea that showing off a well tended undercarriage will reduce attacks... Surely displaying something nasty would put off potential predators?
Old 13-07-06, 11:40 AM   #8
Carsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping
Not entirely sure where they get the idea that showing off a well tended undercarriage will reduce attacks... Surely displaying something nasty would put off potential predators?
They're saying "don't drink so much and get legless" but they're trying to get girls to read it by sounding gossipy and tongue in cheeky.
Old 13-07-06, 11:43 AM   #9
Ping

Yeah, I know but I think the whole concept is flawed. :P
Old 13-07-06, 11:43 AM   #10
carty

I think what they've written sounds like a good idea. They've obviously written it with the intention that women (I won't call the target audience ladies!) are put off consuming so much alcohol they get in to this state (and I'm not saying men don't do it as well!).

I've had women come up to me on nights out flashing all their bits when they're absolutely blind drunk and it's not endearing to say the least!

Hopefully this article would make the local pleasure-seekers realise that it's not such a great idea getting in to such state that every passer by laughs, mocks, or worse, takes advantage of someone in that kind of condition.

Don't get me wrong, men are at least as bad for getting drunk / falling over / fighting / throwing up, etc but it is a very sorry sight to see a pretty girl with everything on display, throwing up on to herself in a gutter (believe me, I've seen it and I'm sure others have too!)