SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-01-11, 04:41 PM   #41
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Default Re: who has the highest mileage on their bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Squid View Post
Trigger's broom had several engines in its, lengthy, life
Shouldn't that be Triggers Broom-Broom ?

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-11, 07:14 PM   #42
bluebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Mates don't count
Hey, mine do!! One of them can 'almost' count to 10
Old 27-01-11, 08:18 PM   #43
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Squid View Post
Trigger's broom had several engines in its, lengthy, life

My ZX6 has 124,437 miles on it, (and f-all in most of the last year ), other than servicing the engine is original and untouched.
Wasn't too sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
Shouldn't that be Triggers Broom-Broom ?
Shouldn't it be: Crunch, crunch crunch...

F***

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-11, 10:47 PM   #44
TEC

Default Re: Who has the highest mileage on their bike?

Guess Rictus too busy out clocking up the miles to reply But here's one thats a tad high, 286k miles and still going strong
Old 30-01-11, 08:04 PM   #45
radicalry00

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEC View Post
Guess Rictus too busy out clocking up the miles to reply But here's one thats a tad high, 286k miles and still going strong
Good stuff! What year / model bike?
Old 31-01-11, 09:10 AM   #46
TEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalry00 View Post
Good stuff! What year / model bike?
Sorry to blow the image away of an SV with that sort of mileage on it K reg 1100 Pan Euro
Old 12-03-14, 10:28 PM   #47
RandyO

old thread I know

as I recall, I hit 100k about a week before Rictus, however he surpassed my mileage quickly, but not with original engine

AFIK, my lil red nekid 99 still has highest miles on original engine (135k) and I haven't ridden it since December 06

in the meantime, I've put nearly 100k on my 07 V-strom 1000, don't ride as much as I used to

Old 12-03-14, 10:41 PM   #48
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Nobody's going to accuse you of being a fair weather rider now are they.... That photo is impressive on so many ways!
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-14, 12:02 AM   #49
Lozzo

Back in 2006 I gave a 1983 Honda CB250RS away to a friend, it had recorded 192,000 miles. I was given it in 2001 when it had 135,000 on it and I used it to do a 100 mile round trip every day plus a fair few pleasure miles. It's since been restored by a young lad in Wigan. When I gave it away the entire bodywork was covered in black duct tape and under that every panel was a different colour. The frame had to be welded because it rusted through by the rear shock mounts and where the sidestand bolted on (I had to lean it against posts and fences for about 6 months) and the Motad exhaust was welded because I kept grinding holes in it on corners. The ignition switch was operated by a stubby screwdriver attached to the handlebars with a length of string after I had to slidehammer the ignition barrel out when I lost the key. Every indicator was from a different make and model of bike, none of which were Honda ones. I very rarely changed the oil because a crack in the crankcase meant it required 1 litre of oil every 4 days and to keep costs down I normally topped it up with oil saved from when I changed the oil in my other bike or friends'. A Scottoiler was rigged up in the topbox with a touring reservoir cobbled up from a 1 litre oil bottle that was also filled with old engine oil. It once seized on the M25 just before the M1 but freed off and I rode it slowly to Hemel Hempstead to get some oil because I had forgotten to check it that morning. It carried on after the seizure for 30,000 miles with no problems. It was crashed twice by me and got run over by a Renault Laguna. I got enough out of the woman who ran it over to keep it in tyres and chain and sprockets for as long as I owned it and simply kicked it straight to repair it. A;ll in all it was probably the most abused bike I have ever owned but it refused to die.

I loved that bike. To celebrate it clocking 150,000 miles I nailed it flat out down the M25 and saw it hit 92mph on the clock as it turned over the magic 150K. That night I changed the oil for the first time since I got it.
Old 13-03-14, 12:31 AM   #50
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Default Who has the highest mileage on their bike?

My ZX6 gets little use now, but between '98 when I bought it and '09 it did 124,000 miles. Other than servicing it's needed little doing, and I've never been inside the motor.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote