SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-03-16, 02:07 PM   #61
nutzboutbikes

Default Re: Crashed! Rear ended a Car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW_BjhCYz8Q
Old 07-03-16, 08:28 AM   #62
Fordward

You've gone viral kid. All over Facebook and other biking forums. Ignore people's comments on social media, most people who start sagging others off on social media aren't very intelligent. We've all done daft things without realising they were daft at the time, and we've all crashed our bikes because of it. So long as you learn from the accident that's all that matters. Pull on that thick skin and keep your chin up!
Old 07-03-16, 08:24 PM   #63
Kenzie

The UK Dash cams exposed channel has been shut down. Can't get on it.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-16, 03:09 PM   #64
AlexRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
Good on you, hopefully the cash will help get you back on the road quickly.

I was quite surprised by the comments under the Daily Mail article, half of them were non-judgemental and some were even mildly sympathetic. Not something you often see in the Mail

The best comment for me was "Another accident ... another MOTORIST involved." Well, yes, most crashes involve motorists
Yeah, already in the midst of sorting another bike out now. The sooner I get back out there the better Haha, trust me; there are some really nasty ones out there. Go try liveleak for example lol. I've just switched off from it all now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordward View Post
You've gone viral kid. All over Facebook and other biking forums. Ignore people's comments on social media, most people who start sagging others off on social media aren't very intelligent. We've all done daft things without realising they were daft at the time, and we've all crashed our bikes because of it. So long as you learn from the accident that's all that matters. Pull on that thick skin and keep your chin up!
Yeah, looks like it's taken off everywhere - haven't seen it on Facebook though yet, if you find any links, do send them

I've come to the conclusion already; no point in arguing with a bunch of internet trolls who have nothing better to do. Won't stop me riding that's for sure. At least I've come out of that one okay and I've learned a few important lessons from it. Cheers mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
The UK Dash cams exposed channel has been shut down. Can't get on it.
His channel was shut down due to multiple copyright infringements against him. He's opened a secondary one for the time being. Most of the copyright claims were due to radio music in the background videos of some of the cars. He's hoping to have his channel reinstated.

As an update guys - I've sold my bike for cheap. I simply don't have enough time to work on it or fix her up, certainly not enough to have it ready for the summer unfortunately. Looking at buying another bike now, possibly an XSR700
Old 13-11-16, 04:22 PM   #65
Lozzo

Regardless of why he was driving so slowly - which I think it's fair to say he was doing because the sun was directly in his eyes - you were travelling too fast for the conditions. If you can't see far enough ahead to make a judgement on how fast or slow the car in front is going, then you need to back off the throttle. It doesn't matter that two cars overtook him, maybe they were acting the same as you, travelling too fast when unable to properly see where they're going.

You can't shift one little bit of blame on this one - it's all your fault, all 100% of it.

Sorry and all that, but I'm not known for blowing smoke up anyone's jacksie, I just say it how I see it.
Old 13-11-16, 05:10 PM   #66
AlexRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
Regardless of why he was driving so slowly - which I think it's fair to say he was doing because the sun was directly in his eyes - you were travelling too fast for the conditions. If you can't see far enough ahead to make a judgement on how fast or slow the car in front is going, then you need to back off the throttle. It doesn't matter that two cars overtook him, maybe they were acting the same as you, travelling too fast when unable to properly see where they're going.

You can't shift one little bit of blame on this one - it's all your fault, all 100% of it.

Sorry and all that, but I'm not known for blowing smoke up anyone's jacksie, I just say it how I see it.
You've wasted your time writing that comment and reviving an old thread - I have already acknowledged that the accident was my fault and have been told the same crap multiple times.

Regardless of who's fault it was, he shouldn't have been on the road anyway due to not having any insurance.
Old 15-11-16, 07:48 AM   #67
Geodude
Mega Poster

Nice to know you're still about Lozzo

Electrical fault finding guide and Regulator rectifier test

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
Geodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-16, 10:02 AM   #68
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexRider View Post
You've wasted your time writing that comment and reviving an old thread - I have already acknowledged that the accident was my fault and have been told the same crap multiple times.
Regardless of who's fault it was, he shouldn't have been on the road anyway due to not having any insurance.

Its a very tough call when you can't see ahead in those circumstances (same in fog), if you had slowed down too much somebody would have probably rear ended you and plowed on over you and the bike, which would have had a worse result.

Regarding insurance, my Bro lives in Wolverhampton and has had problems with certain Asian people who have damaged his vehicles in several instances ( his motorbike and car) by doing stupid things (slamming brakes on and turning right without indicating, doing a u-turn in a junction, ignoring rules on islands and it turns out none of them had insurance, which probably means no tax or MOT either - and in all cases the Police did not prosecute hmmmmmm !! -

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 18-11-16 at 10:37 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-16, 10:45 AM   #69
tom_e

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post

Regarding insurance, my Bro lives in Wolverhampton and has had problems with certain Asian people who have damaged his vehicles in several instances ( his motorbike and car) by doing stupid things (slamming brakes on and turning right without indicating, doing a u-turn in a junction, ignoring rules on islands and it turns out none of them had insurance, which probably means no tax or MOT either - and in all cases the Police did not prosecute hmmmmmm !! -
Wolves is just full of people completely unaware of how to drive in general, makes for an interesting life.
tom_e is offline   Reply With Quote