SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-08-11, 01:41 PM   #1
Richy_T

Default Need use of an SV - Bristol

This is a bit of an odd question and I hope this is the correct forum. If not, I'm sure a mod will move it

I have an old picture of my Dad on his motorcycle at what appears to be Lindsay Rd, Bristol. I would like to reproduce the picture at the same location with me sitting on a motorcycle. I ride an SV650 but I currently live in the US. I will be heading back to England for a short vacation next week.

So I was wondering if someone would be able to drop by and let me sit on their motorcycle for a couple of minutes to get the picture. I'll be in Bristol on the 22nd and 23rd of August. I'll compensate for petrol used, of course. I'd prefer 2nd gen, blue and naked but it's not really that important.

Here's the picture for reference...

Old 11-08-11, 02:16 PM   #2
AmigaNut

Default Re: Need use of an SV - Bristol

Hope the area has not been redeveloped. Think you will find the streets chock a blok with cars these days.
Good luck though.
Old 11-08-11, 02:42 PM   #3
davepreston

im sorry im well up north so cant help but thats i great idea youve had mate ,i hope it works out for you, plus this is a friendly place im sure someone can help, good luck
Old 11-08-11, 02:54 PM   #4
Richy_T

I know the area has not been redeveloped though there's a lot of porches and conservatories that didn't used to be there. Cars may be an issue but if it's in the day, it may not be too bad.
Old 11-08-11, 08:20 PM   #5
Ricerocket

Cool idea, Good luck with it!
Old 11-08-11, 08:41 PM   #6
garynortheast
Mega Poster

That looks like a Villiers engined Francis Barnett that your dad was sitting on.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 08:53 PM   #7
Lozzo

That'd be around this area of the road then? I can't think of anywhere else in the street that a street sign would have been put on a house front with the road sloping away to the left. The orientation of the four houses behind your father seems to be correct as well, and the wall out front appears to be unchanged.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Lind...,10.08,,0,8.41
Old 11-08-11, 10:01 PM   #8
hongman

That is a cool idea

I wonder if my son will look back on my sv photos and think "cor look at that vintage motorcycle" lol
Old 11-08-11, 10:06 PM   #9
MisterTommyH

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongman View Post
That is a cool idea

I wonder if my son looks out the window at my curvy and thinks "cor look at that vintage motorcycle" lol
Fixed for you
MisterTommyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 10:18 PM   #10
hongman

Lol bastad.