SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-05-18, 05:43 PM   #151
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: The running thread.

The stings are reputed to be good for rheumatism!

Well done on the run, glad your ankle is holding up ok.

Just discovered my race is actually Sunday not Saturday. Glad I found that out otherwise I may have had a very long wait for the start!
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-18, 05:58 PM   #152
shiftin_gear98

That could have been a little annoying. Make sure you have plenty of fluid. Good luck.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-18, 11:46 AM   #153
shiftin_gear98

4.7 miles this morning with the boys.
Old 06-05-18, 09:16 PM   #154
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Were the boys running or cycling? Well done to them either way.

Did my 2 Lakes Trail Race at Llyn Brenig today. It was HOT! Cracking 10k route though in spectacular scenery. I ran with two dogs, Mabel, and Sooty who we were dogsitting for this weekend. They took off like greased lightening at the start and I had to really stride out to keep up!

Had a stop at the water station for us all to have a drink, and poured cold water over the dogs to keep them a little cooler.

Pretty happy with my time, although the average pace for the last 0.25 miles would have been much better if I'd remembered to stop the Garmin when I crossed the finish line. Duh! Just waiting for the official results to go live.

2 Lakes Trail Race 2018
Old 08-05-18, 07:42 AM   #155
shiftin_gear98

The boys were riding, I think the eldest could probably do a 5 miler, he has represented his school running on more than one occasion. However he would be knackered for the rest of the day. The other one, he's more of a sprinter. He's also quite lazy - getting him out on the bike is a mission.
I'm hoping that they build up a bit of strength and endurance from riding the bikes and I can get them to run one day. Wish I could actually run with the missus, but one of us always has to be at home with the kids.

Looking at your splits for that race I can see the dog assisted start. You were flying they must have seen a rabbit!
Old 08-05-18, 01:08 PM   #156
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Well at least your boys are out getting some exercise in the fresh air. As they get older it may well move from cycling to running as it did with my girls. They go through phases with it.

The dogs really get their competitive heads on in a canicross race. It was mildly terrifying at that pace. They were really going for it, wanting to be up with the front runners.
The 10k canicross started separately from the 10k unaccompanied race. There were 72 10k runners altogether including canix. I was 13th overall with a chip time of 53m55s and 6th out of 20 canix runners. I'm really quite happy with that as a result.

Hoping to get out later this evening with Mabel for a run with my friend and her hounds. It'll probably be a headtorch job by the time we get back though as we're not setting off till about 8.15pm. I was originally going to run this morning but to be honest, my calves have only just started to loosen up properly now. I may well put the compression calf sleeves on though to be on the safe side.
Old 09-05-18, 01:42 PM   #157
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Never got my evening run yesterday, worked till 9.45, so I went out this morning instead. Much cooler than the weekend and not much sun, but a good run of 5.7 miles anyway. My calves are still quite stiff from Saturdays race so I put the calf compression sleeves on which definitely helped.
https://www.strava.com/activities/1559568086

I'm back out this afternoon after school, with one of my daughters, and my running buddy Kate with her boys and all the dogs. Just a short run though, probably about 3 miles, and it'll be at a gentle pace.

Planning on an evening run tomorrow too. We'll make this a longer run I think, so we'll need headtorches as it's going to be getting dark by the time we get back.
Old 09-05-18, 08:16 PM   #158
shiftin_gear98

Missed my Tuesday eve run as I was at the docs for an 20.40pm appointment. Looks like I'll not get to go Friday after work as the missus is going out. So stressing and losing my sanity this week. Still golden lining - my ankle is getting a rest!
Old 09-05-18, 09:24 PM   #159
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post
Still golden lining - my ankle is getting a rest!
No bad thing that!
Old 11-05-18, 03:51 PM   #160
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Another early morning run today; out at 5.30 for a 7 mile loop to Pontrobert and back. Went with Mabel, and my running buddy Kate with and her two dogs. A good run and the pace is picking up now as Kate's fitness improves.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1564046024