SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 27-07-07, 10:52 AM   #1
booner

Default Fairing Lowers (Pointy)

Have acquired some fairing lowers for my K4 and was wondering what fittings are needed and where I can get them.

Can anybody help?
Old 27-07-07, 11:52 AM   #2
John 675

Default Re: Fairing Lowers (Pointy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by booner View Post
Have acquired some fairing lowers for my K4 and was wondering what fittings are needed and where I can get them.

Can anybody help?
the fitting should have come with it, and comprises of a few atachments to screw on to the radiator the, center of the trellis frame (think its the engine mount) and down bellow each foot rest, you should be able to get them from suzuki or check on ebay
Old 27-07-07, 12:08 PM   #3
booner

Many thanks for the prompt reply lylej.

The fairings were acquired from ebay and were advertised without fitting kit etc (just the plastic).

Have sent an email to Pro-Bolt and some guy selling on ebay. Ebay seller came back saying I would need speedclips, which his kit doesn't come with!

May have to ring my local dealer and see how much they'll cost! Grr
Old 27-07-07, 12:48 PM   #4
kwak zzr

not 100% sure on this but i think Suzuki only sell the fitting kit with the lowers not separately, you may need to just watch ebay closely.
Old 27-07-07, 12:52 PM   #5
booner

I know from the Suzuki website that the fairings and fittings come as one but I would have thought that a dealer would be able to get the fittings separately - what if you were to fall, bend or snap some fittings and needed replacements? Surely you should just be able buy replacements?

I'll contact my dealer (sound like a druggy) and let you know how I get on.
Old 27-07-07, 12:55 PM   #6
muffles

I wouldn't have expected the plastics to survive anything that destroyed the fittings, given that the fittings are under the plastic...that's probably one reason they only sell them together, you're expected to need both! People seem to lose the fitting kits an awful lot when they sell the fairings on, it's kind of ridiculous really...
Old 27-07-07, 12:58 PM   #7
kwak zzr

i sold my sv1000 fairing on ebay about 3 weeks ago and got a very good price for them WITH the fitting kit.
Old 27-07-07, 03:04 PM   #8
booner

Why didn't you sell your fairings without the fitting kit and then make more money by selling it on to moi?!

Out of interest, what exactly does the fitting kit consist of? Is it just bolts & washers etc or is there brackets and more?
Old 27-07-07, 03:13 PM   #9
John 675

Exclamation Re: Fairing Lowers (Pointy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by booner View Post
Why didn't you sell your fairings without the fitting kit and then make more money by selling it on to moi?!

Out of interest, what exactly does the fitting kit consist of? Is it just bolts & washers etc or is there brackets and more?
brackets to attach all over your bike and the screws to attach it,
just a few chunks of different shaped metal brackets and screws
Old 27-07-07, 03:26 PM   #10
booner

Grrrr, just as I thought....why is it Suzuki dealers never get back to you too?!