SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2009 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2009 SV650.org's annual rideout

View Poll Results: What do you want for lunch on the ridout?
Pre-ordered light lunch 11 57.89%
Bring your own 5 26.32%
Food fairy 3 15.79%
Starve 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-09, 06:00 PM   #31
Lucas

Default Re: Another Q for planning purposes - Sat lunch?

Old 06-04-09, 06:19 PM   #32
Frank

Old 06-04-09, 07:11 PM   #33
Alpinestarhero

cheese and pickle sandwich between thick bread and some fruit for afters, washed down with some orange squash

ta

Old 06-04-09, 07:14 PM   #34
Alpinestarhero

Oh, i was thinking that I would get some big bottles of water and some disposable cups, carry them around in my topbox. If its hot we'll all need to have a drink at the stops. I wont be able to carry enough water for everybody though.

Old 06-04-09, 07:14 PM   #35
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie View Post
Quote:
a few people have told me they agree with what im saying, and most of them have said they are not going to bother going,
Several points in response to this

1. If you don't want to go because of the luch stop then that's up to you. There's plenty of people who will be going regardless.

2. The place has been specifically chosen because it is a well known? local meet point for bikers (even though it's not a greasy spoon!) and is in a beautiful part of Essex.

3. We discussed at some length the alternatives to this place and could come up with no better plan, given all factors

4. I'm not going to go ahead with the idea of pre-arranging luch at this stop. Not enough want it and enough are moaning

5. To anyone who doesn't like what I/we have planned I'm really sorry. I've been trying to guage opinion to get things right for as many people as possible, but seem to be making a rod for my own back. I'm doing this because I want to put something back into this site, and to have a great week end, but it seems to me that some people think I'm doing it to wind others up. I assure you I'm not. Sorry if I've misjudged the situation - - After last year I can't believe that you didn't expect a few posts asking for clarification on what you have organised

I'll be as hands off as possible from now on - I don't see anything posted that would justify you washing your hands of the whole affair, why can't you just pre order for the 9 people that have requested that option? although given that it is still 4 months away, it's probably reasonable to expect that number to rise.
Would you be willing to post the details of the tea room so that we can all contact it in advance to make our own arrangements.
Old 06-04-09, 10:35 PM   #36
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Stu - I'm asking for opinions on what to organise which i hope is different to last year's first plan. I wanted to ask first before I told theorgers what was happening. Seems like I shouldn't have
I can pre-order for what people want. think I'll leave that though, to nearer the time. Hindsight has clarified things on this one
Old 07-04-09, 12:21 PM   #37
Stig

No further information required.

Closed Thread