SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2009 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2009 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 12-04-09, 04:02 PM   #41
diamond

Default Re: If you have any AR organisation complaints.

I think your limiting the numbers that will attend, your pricing it out of peoples reach.
All i will say is economies of scale, if you price it a little cheaper more will come.
Old 12-04-09, 04:06 PM   #42
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
I think your limiting the numbers that will attend, your pricing it out of peoples reach.
All i will say is economies of scale, if you price it a little cheaper more will come.
Nah, there seem to be plenty of people prepared to pay the prices so that's not going to happen. Everything seems to be finalised and in place now, well organised by Messie and the gang, I'm sure this year's AR will still have a splendid turnout with much boozing and frolics

As other half has said, we hope all goes well and the weather justifies the effort that has been put in!
Old 12-04-09, 04:08 PM   #43
diamond

It's not how many people are attending it's about those that can't go. Money is tight for some on here and the AR should be open to everyone. I don't see where all the "profits" can be going, so surely a reduction in price to include more people is possible.
Old 12-04-09, 05:07 PM   #44
ArtyLady

Quote:
It's not how many people are attending it's about those that can't go. Money is tight for some on here and the AR should be open to everyone. I don't see where all the "profits" can be going, so surely a reduction in price to include more people is possible.
I'm sorry but I'm one of the poorest people I know (seriously!) and it doesn't sound much to me for a weekend away - you'd pay that for a meal out for two people - perhaps there is something wrong with me (second thoughts - don't answer that )
Old 12-04-09, 05:18 PM   #45
diamond

I just like to see as many bodies as possible at the AR and others have already said they think the cost means they won't be coming.
Old 14-04-09, 01:33 PM   #46
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyLady View Post
I'm sorry but I'm one of the poorest people I know (seriously!) and it doesn't sound much to me for a weekend away - you'd pay that for a meal out for two people - perhaps there is something wrong with me (second thoughts - don't answer that )
So right there...and no there is absolutely nothing wrong with you!!!

Quote:
I just like to see as many bodies as possible at the AR and others have already said they think the cost means they won't be coming.
So do we all mate. Thats what the AR is all about. However no-one if forced to come and camp, many peeps in the past have come for the rideout and the day itself.

Also dont forget that the money isnt just for a pitch in the camping area, it includes a lot more than that and i feel its very good value for maoney tbh.

A couple of years ago, partly due to costs and partly to not having my own tent i shared a tent with TSM. if money is tight for some then there are options other than expecting it to magically become cheaper. This is a no-profit event you know. Messie has put a lot of her time and not to mention her own money forward for all this to happen.
She has not once asked for money towards deposits that have to be paid etc so i think to keep banging on about the relatively small cost is just getting tedious now.

If she could have organised it all for a fiver per person dont you think she would have done?
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-09, 03:45 PM   #47
diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post

Also dont forget that the money isnt just for a pitch in the camping area, it includes a lot more than that
This is my point why do we need more than a camping area. We make our own entertainment.

And as the cost is per person then sharing a tent as you say you did doesn't help.
Old 14-04-09, 03:47 PM   #48
hovis

what else does it include?
Old 14-04-09, 03:51 PM   #49
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
Showers
Old 14-04-09, 03:51 PM   #50
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post

Yawn - bored now. see post 40