SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2007 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2007 SV650.org's bigger & better annual rideout.

Old 11-05-07, 07:53 AM   #1
melody

Default Any Ideas?

Now that I'm totally sold on the idea of coming along to the AR2007, I'm trying to sort out accommodation.

Not sure about camping. I'd be so weighed down by all the stuff I'd have to bring along and I'm not sure I could fit everything into my back pack??

BUT all the B&B accommodation seems to be booked up including the bunkhouses.

Any ideas ?

Oh and I'd have to find someone to tag along with else I'd get so lost AND this will be the furthest I've ever been on the bike.

Melody
Old 11-05-07, 09:00 AM   #2
Baph

Default Re: Any Ideas?

I know there will be a group leaving from the Manchester area (a little out of your way perhaps).

Myself & a few others will be coming from North Wales, so we'll be passing Manchester. You're more than welcome to join us (that I know of there's 3 of us including me - and non of this is definite yet) if you're stuck, and it'd be a nice small group if you haven't ridden in formation before. Two of us ride pretty similar most of the time anyway, and the other I've never ridden with either.

I'm sure there will be others from the Leeds area going up. They'll probably start posting about it closer to the time.

As for the stuff on the bike, please tell me you're planning on strapping the rugsack to your pillion seat. I hate the thought of coming off the bike with anything strapped to my back for me to land on.

Personally, I'll be bringing a tent, sleeping bag, and a couple of bits of clothes. I see no problem with strapping all that to the pillion seat using a bungee net & a few chords. So long as it's tight & all in a bin bag, it should be fine.

There might even be someone from the Leeds area (or someone travelling via Leeds/York/Manchester etc that's taking a car you can throw your gear into.

Accommodation, there's nothing wrong with camping. Google will be able to tell you about places to stay near the campsite, I don't think many of the forum members live out that way to advise.
Old 11-05-07, 01:15 PM   #3
Fizzy Fish

Most of us took our camping stuff on the bikes last year without any problems, so you should be fine.

I used a tail pack for sleeping bag and clothes, and strapped the tent onto a rack (Renntec make racks for the SV, amongst others). You probably will need to leave the hairdryer, etc at home though, but hey a hairband and a hat don't take up too much space
Old 11-05-07, 01:48 PM   #4
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzy Fish View Post
You probably will need to leave the hairdryer, etc at home though,

you can use JABBA's
Old 11-05-07, 02:04 PM   #5
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
you can use JABBA's
Hasn't he got a hairnet?

(Regular's can see where this is going).
Old 11-05-07, 02:07 PM   #6
sarah

Quote:
you can use JABBA's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
Hasn't he got a hairnet?

soooooo predictable
Old 11-05-07, 02:18 PM   #7
Law

Quote:
you can use JABBA's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
Hasn't he got a hairnet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
soooooo predictable
Where?

Pizza delivery (photo linked courtesy of Filipe)

Old 11-05-07, 03:40 PM   #8
Baph

Oi Hovis, stop getting in front of the camera!

We all know you want to be the pink power ranger, but you can't, OK?!?! Sheesh!
Old 11-05-07, 08:53 PM   #9
Tim in Belgium

1-2 days camping doesn't need much stuff, and you'd probably be surprised what you can get on the back of an SV.

You could always try and blag some tent space off some one, but suggest you meet them first. I'm in a single man tent so am unable to offer

Sure there must be more B&Bs etc within a 10 mile radius?
Old 11-05-07, 10:55 PM   #10
El Saxo

Hi Melody,

I did a bit of googling and found this which might help if you're really not keen on camping. Austwick is about a 10 min walk from the campsite where we're all staying and the Game**** Inn is the pub we'll probably be at in the evening so if you stayed somewhere in the village you wouldn't miss out on the social side of things.

Having said that, I'd say go for it & camp - like everyone's said, you can probably fit more than you realise on the back of the bike e.g. a mate of mine has a sleeping bag that packs up so small it might actually fit under the seat!

EDIT - the swear filters have censored the name of the pub! PMSL