SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-07-10, 04:14 PM   #1
CheGuevara

Default Public Sector Pay Cuts

Mrs G works for Sure Start in Northamptonshire. She's not on a very big wage at all to start with (considering her qualifications and experience), but they have just been advised to expect a 25% pay cut starting next April. That should put her a little over minimum wage.

I'm sure there are others worse off (redundancies) but that's just insane! We'll be generally OK with a bit of belt tightening, but it will likely scupper plans to start a family any time soon.

Anyone else on the forum been similarly affected? I feel for ya...
CheGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-10, 04:16 PM   #2
ravingdavis

Default Re: Public Sector Pay Cuts

I know there are public sector pay freezes but I would be very surprised if they could make pay cuts?
Old 05-07-10, 04:17 PM   #3
CheGuevara

I'm suprised as well, but this is apparently what's in the letter she's been given today.
Old 05-07-10, 04:23 PM   #4
Speedy Claire

Is Surestart not part of the NHS?? I know there`s a surestart place at the clinic in which I work.

I`d also be extremely shocked and very surprised if they were to cut your wifes wages by 25% and I`m not so sure they`d be able to do that. I had an email recently announcing that the NHS had to make pay cuts of around that same figure but it would be done by recruitment freezes, pay rise freeze and the amalgamation of certain roles within our PCT ie. they would reduce the number of managers by half. Those managers would be deployed to lower grades but with protected salary for 3 years.
Old 05-07-10, 04:24 PM   #5
Dave20046
Mega Poster

I believe they're doing a u-turn on the surestart scheme, could be to do with it - likely to be mistaken though.
Hope you do ok
Old 05-07-10, 04:27 PM   #6
CheGuevara

I don't think it's directly related to the NHS, although they may have centres attached -hers happens to be attached to a school and I know she's paid by the county council.

She's actually been given a specific figure in GBP that her wage will be reduced by -so not sure how that relates to freezes elsewhere, but perhaps it will be clearer once I get a chance to read the letter.
Old 05-07-10, 04:29 PM   #7
CheGuevara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
I believe they're doing a u-turn on the surestart scheme, could be to do with it - likely to be mistaken though.
Hope you do ok
I think they very recently said the wanted to bring in more workers or something along that lines (and I think some changes about where the centres are located). Not sure how they will manage to attract any if this is their idea of a salary for a Uni education.
Old 05-07-10, 04:33 PM   #8
maviczap
Mega Poster

I'd be surprised too if your wife had to take a 25% pay cut, depends on the contract I suppose

We're on a 2 year pay freeze at the mo, but who knows what Osbourne has planned for us
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-10, 04:36 PM   #9
CheGuevara

Just found this article which seems to support it:

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/ne...-in.6399673.jp

How nice that those on over £45k are not included
Old 05-07-10, 04:41 PM   #10
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Amazing!!! 28% that earn lower than £45k will see pay cuts.
The 72% that earn more than £45k will see increases or stay the same.

Unbelievable!!!
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote