SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

View Poll Results: Okay so who is going...
Yeah I will be there no matter how cold!! 11 50.00%
Nope I will drunk under a table someone where 13 59.09%
Nope I'm too busy buying tat for the party! 8 36.36%
May be 9 40.91%
S'pose 8 36.36%
Nope I'm working! 13 59.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-07, 12:51 PM   #41
Kinvig

Default Re: Friday 30/11/07.....

Sorry to hear this Rictus.
Old 02-12-07, 11:22 AM   #42
Cazza

Really sorry to hear about this Mark. I hope the pain's subsided now...?
Old 02-12-07, 11:35 AM   #43
rictus01
Mega Poster

Thanks Guys (and all the calls), haven't managed to stand on it yet or get outside to have a look at the bike (or for that matter get upstairs), but I have a small mountain of support bandages and braces, so will try this afternoon strapping it all up and see if I can get out to the bike, if so may try a very gentle ride down to Jambo's as he's only close by, annoyed at loosing a planned weekend as it is, but that can't be helped.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-07, 12:43 PM   #44
Stig

Hey fella, keep it safe. The last thing you need is for something to go wrong and the op to be cancelled.
Old 02-12-07, 12:59 PM   #45
mr.anderson

Hey Rictus,

Take care mate. Anything you need help with (like sourcing a bottle or two of whisky) - let me know.
mr.anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-07, 01:09 PM   #46
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
Hey fella, keep it safe. The last thing you need is for something to go wrong and the op to be cancelled.
fortunatly I done the assessment day on the 20th, so as long as I can get there the Op will go ahead anyway, after all it's near to christmas and the surgeon should have a surprise like everyone else, only seens fair
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-07, 03:11 PM   #47
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

bloody hell Mark, only just sen this

Hope its all on the way back to beigng as "normal" as it was before.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-07, 05:24 PM   #48
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
bloody hell Mark, only just sen this

Hope its all on the way back to beigng as "normal" as it was before.
He's never been normal.

Let's not forget who's fault this little 'off' is attributed to. I believe that it was Jamie and David who decided they could not be bothered to wait for anyone else to turn up and left. Had they waited, Mark would have stayed at Soho and not gone to the Ace where the unfortunate accident happened.

Well I hope you feel ashamed of yourselves now gentlemen.

Two men of your stature picking on poor ol' Mark.
Old 02-12-07, 05:54 PM   #49
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
After a failed attempt to reach the Essex meet in pouring rain (had a puncture), a lovely wait in said weather, I got to Soho at just after 9pm to find no one there, went up to the ace once Jai, had called, and it was almost as if thw rain was having one last go, the heavans really opened, although the company was as always good, that was but a mere distraction, being the last to leave, the bad leg gave way and I found myself on the deck in agony in the carpark, some guys lifted the bike and myself up, had a sit down and another brew, I rode back home at a sedate pace.

A night of pain killers, and it's starting to settle down now,haven't looked at the bike, busted off mirror and indicator, don't know what else, so not the best night ever

Cheers Mark.
Sounds like your feeling a bit better today, I hope you are....what a bugger eh? Well hopefully see you next friday for dinner....

Well I just got back home was a great w/end though it rained all day today sigh, winter isn't a great time of year!

We went to ice expo, whcih was awesome, the place was -6 inside and it was full of ice carvings they were just great, I'll psot picture during the week when I get onto my computer, the rest will be on facebook if people want to look up on there.....

Well I hope everyones w/end went ok after a wet Friday night!

Oh I have the xmas present sorted out for next friday too!
Old 02-12-07, 06:01 PM   #50
metalmonkey

Actually forgot to mention my friday night, whcih was totally random!

Went out fro dinner and a few a drinks, then my sister and I went for a few drinks.....ended up meeting the local rugy team who then invited us to go drinking with them.

I can't remember how much I drank, but it was a lot it was a lot of fun and meet some cool people......I got to bed about 4am Saturdat morning slept for a hours and was up....I was so drunk I couldn't find my hotel room at 4am, and having shower when ur still ****ed at 9am is tricky! Luckly I didn't have a bad hangover, I just felt better after lunch and was tried!

Now I remember why I don't drink! I really must stop in the near in the future! Was a good w/end though the people in Belgium are friedly and man they like a beer!