SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Suits Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 13-03-05, 07:20 AM   #1
pancake

Default Teknic Textile Jacket / Pants - Sizing Help!!

I have the SV and a Yamaha YZF. I'm looking to get some of this textile gear to ride in. Question is, how do I pick the size. My leather jacket (fits very snug) is a 44. I tried on the textile 44 and it fits well, but so does the 46. I'm also going to buy some pants that go over jeans. Do folks buy one size over their jean size? For example, if you jeans are a 36" waist like mine, should I get 38"?

How well do these hold up anyway? With leather I buy gear that fits fairly tight because it stretches...but this stuff won't.
Old 13-03-05, 09:10 AM   #2
Cloggsy

Old 13-03-05, 11:19 AM   #3
nickj

Only thing i can suggest is try them on in the shop over the gear that you would usually wear and if possible sit on a bike in them to make sure their comfy.
Old 13-03-05, 04:38 PM   #4
Carsick

Yeah, try them on as you would normally wear them and sit on a bike. They should be tight enough that they're more or less holding the armour in place, but not so tight that they cut the bloody supply off (obviously)
Old 14-03-05, 07:18 PM   #5
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

As others said ...try em on in the shops.

The only thing i didnt think about was the amount of layers i would wear under the jacket. And since the weather has been cold recent;ly its been a few.
Thermal top, T shirt, fleece and finaly jacket with the lining in of course.
The difficulty here comes in the waist of the trouseres. I can tuck it all in but its a bit tight when i do it up.
thankfull i found it has pop stud adjustments to the waist and that made a big diffrence.

Jacket and trousers are both Hein gericke btw.

hth
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote