SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-07-11, 02:48 PM   #1
megs

Default I got jumped and stamped, anyone dealt with the criminal injuries authority?

Walking home from the local WMC thrusday night/friday morning I got jumped by two lads pretending to be so drunk they couldn't walk , I went over and asked if they were OK etc and they both jumped up and two'd me! They over powered me and gave me a good stamping when i was down, nicked my phone and cigs and ran off, not sure I'm gonna make the AR now and my face is all swollen and i can't get my helmet on.

Anyway I've been told it unlikely to catch em as there is no CCTV in my area and a witness said they couldn't see enough of em to make a description. I've also been told to claim from the Criminal Injuries Autority, had a look at their site and it says they only pay out if your seriously injured. Now i got stamped on several times and my face is a right mess, swollen up, black eyes, bumps all over my head and a sore back and swollen hand (where luckily i managed to get a punch in). So my question is has anyone ever claimed from them with similar injuries to myself.

Also if i can get my helmet on comfortably i will make the AR!!

Cheers

Last edited by megs; 30-07-11 at 02:50 PM.
Old 30-07-11, 03:38 PM   #2
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: I got jumped and stamped, anyone dealt with the criminal injuries authority?

that sounds shizz m8 WTF is wrong with today's society when people have to resort to such things. GWS and i hope that you heal for the AR.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-11, 04:57 PM   #3
Bluefish

Default Re: I got jumped and stamped, anyone dealt with the criminal injuries authority?

Bleedin hell, bad news, just to say i hope that you do make it to the AR as i know you have been looking forward to it, if you are still a bit sore come next fri, mebe some one could give you a lift in a car, it's more about the fun than the ride.
Old 30-07-11, 05:32 PM   #4
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
that sounds shizz m8 WTF is wrong with today's society when people have to resort to such things. GWS and i hope that you heal for the AR.
+1

And anyways yes you should get something for that as its classed as a serious assault.

Also there is some ********s in the world. GWS

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-11, 05:38 PM   #5
maviczap
Mega Poster

Come to the AR, even if its in a car, it'll cheer you up after this mate.

GWS what ever you decide
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-11, 05:38 PM   #6
Spikenipple

Ouch, I hope you're better soon! People are ********s :/
If I may ask, why should a crime by a pair of lowlife ****s lead to you receiving monetary compensation?

My old SV

South & West Surfer
Spikenipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-11, 05:41 PM   #7
husky03
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsmith View Post
+1

And anyways yes you should get something for that as its classed as a serious assault.

Also there is some ********s in the world. GWS
only be classed as a serious assault if there are stiches or permanent scaring.
heal quick mate.
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-11, 05:43 PM   #8
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by husky03 View Post
heal quick mate.
Thanks for the clarification Husky

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-11, 05:47 PM   #9
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by husky03 View Post
heal quick mate.

OOOOR a broken bone such as cheek bone or jaw bone (not nose as its cartlidge).

Megs, I would get photos of your injuries and apply anyway, you may find they will pay out. Worth a shot...
Old 30-07-11, 06:15 PM   #10
Electro

Never good trying to headbut feet mate! You should be good for the AR, after 10 mins after arriving the p1ss taking will stop Ice packs, get the swelling down after you get your pics done like MBK said.