SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-06-19, 12:23 PM   #681
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: The running thread.

The intention had been to go for a run this morning but I woke up with a blinder of a headache, and felt dizzy and nauseous. Tea, porridge, paracetamol, and water sorted things out after a fashion but I settled for a walk instead. I'll try and get an early morning run in tomorrow before I start work.
garynortheast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-19, 09:15 AM   #682
shiftin_gear98

Too much sauce last night Gary? Hope you are feeling better. My chance of a run this weekend is pretty much zero. My missus is on a jolly in Sweden and I'm home alone with the 3 terrors. She really knows how to spoil me for fathers day. I might try to suggest they all come out on their bikes tomorrow morning , but I'm not sure how far A will go.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-19, 05:58 PM   #683
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post
Too much sauce last night Gary? Hope you are feeling better. My chance of a run this weekend is pretty much zero. My missus is on a jolly in Sweden and I'm home alone with the 3 terrors. She really knows how to spoil me for fathers day. I might try to suggest they all come out on their bikes tomorrow morning , but I'm not sure how far A will go.
No alcohol involved Martin, I'm not really a drinker. Don't know what caused it. Pint of water, couple of paracetamol, cup of tea and a bowl of porridge had me feeling better by around 11am, but too late to get out for a run by then.

Made it out this morning at 6.15am for a circuit of my short loop before starting work at 10am.

Just considering running to Quakers again tomorrow morning as it's a lovely route.
Old 19-06-19, 07:16 PM   #684
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Managed to sneak in a quick circuit of my regular short loop this evening. I've been struggling to make the time this week.

The sky cleared suddenly while I was running over the allt, and it quickly got very warm! Nice run though and great to get out there again.

The Relive video
Old 20-06-19, 10:17 AM   #685
shiftin_gear98

I too got out last night with the running club, it had been pishing down here all afternoon and I expected a good soaking. However it was a lovely 7.6 mile rain free run. If slightly muggy.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-19, 10:51 PM   #686
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Forgive me Running Thread for I have sinned. It has been 9 weeks since my last run.

I can't believe it has been that long! I just kept making up excuses to not go. I'm surprised I managed my usual 5 miles tonight relatively easily considering how long it has been.
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-19, 01:26 PM   #687
garynortheast
Mega Poster

I now how easy it is to let it slide Darren. I think the hardest part of a run is getting out of the door in the first place. Good man on getting out there though!
Old 22-06-19, 03:06 PM   #688
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Yeah it's pretty easy to let it slip, I was running 3-4 times a week then didn't run for a few weeks since then the most I've run is twice a week!

Anyway, did a 5k pizza run last weekend with youngest daughter, for a young un she's pretty slow

My normal parkrun this morning and another PR, 30s faster than last week. Have done 4 park runs now and I've got faster by almost 4 minutes since the first one.
Which has spurred me on to get my backside in gear and get back out running more
Old 22-06-19, 08:02 PM   #689
garynortheast
Mega Poster

I found the same as you dd. parkrun is great for spurring you on, especially in the early days of doing it when almost every one results in a new pb. It gives the weekday runs a focus.
I don't do many parkruns atm as it's a 20 mile drive to the nearest one. I will start doing a few again though I think as I love the whole thing with them, and the atmosphere is always so good and friendly.

Hopefully going to run to Quakers tomorrow morning. It's a glorious 5 mile riverside run through mixed terrain; trails, footpaths, field, forest and through a village.
Old 22-06-19, 09:20 PM   #690
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

You're not wrong about the friendly atmosphere at parkruns, the one I've been going to is pretty good, nice bit of scenery, some wooded bits, some field and along a bit of canal towpath
You get the faster runners cheering on those of us that aren't so fast once they've finished and it's only a 10 minute drive from me, there is one a bit closer but it's pretty much just round a field