SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-02-09, 11:25 AM   #1
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Default well you don't see that every day

Just on the way out of London heading for Manchester. Got overtaken by two police bikes with lights and sirens going at Swiss cottage... Think nowt of it until we catch them up near the big waitrose further up on finchley road "oh look they're on the wrong side of the road riding down the pavement at 20mph, and there's a kid in a hoodie setting a new 200m sprint personal best". 4 patrol cars coming the other way... Mental!!

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-09, 11:27 AM   #2
missyburd

Default Re: well you don't see that every day

Kids eh.
Old 25-02-09, 12:25 PM   #3
Dicky Ticker

Really efficient use of resources 4cars+ 2bikes=minimum 6coppers - V's - 1 hoodie
Old 25-02-09, 12:27 PM   #4
madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky Ticker View Post
Really efficient use of resources 4cars+ 2bikes=minimum 6coppers - V's - 1 hoodie
He'd just shot 47 pupils at the local comprehensive with his AK47!
Old 25-02-09, 12:49 PM   #5
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

set light to his local school?

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-09, 01:00 PM   #6
carlos

Thing is we don't know why he was being pursued, could have been anything from robbery to bladed or firearms, no real shocker there - but 2 bikes riding down the pavement, tut tut.
Old 25-02-09, 01:05 PM   #7
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos View Post
but 2 bikes riding down the pavement, tut tut.
So if a bike cop were ever in the position of a persuit of a car (I know it shouldn't happen, but in reality it may do for a number of reasons).

The occupants of the car think it's a good idea to "decamp" and run down a narrow path.

Are we to expect the bike cop to dismount, disconnect radio leads etc, then give chase in full bike gear?

Sorry, but I'd rather them blat down the path with lights & sirens going. More chance of catching the scrotes. Lights & sirens should warn people sufficiently (obviously the rider(s) have to be aware of deaf/blind people).
Old 25-02-09, 01:24 PM   #8
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

It was just mad to see such a thing... Traffic was at a stand still and there's two flashing pans razzing along the footpath, even squeezing through a section of footpath with scaffolding over it. There were a few shocked looking pedestrians tucked up against doorways as they passed but they looked to be in full control of their machines...

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Old 25-02-09, 01:26 PM   #9
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

The kid was probably wanted for doing keepie uppie in a no ball games zone or something

Old 25-02-09, 01:41 PM   #10
carlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
So if a bike cop were ever in the position of a persuit of a car (I know it shouldn't happen, but in reality it may do for a number of reasons).

The occupants of the car think it's a good idea to "decamp" and run down a narrow path.

Are we to expect the bike cop to dismount, disconnect radio leads etc, then give chase in full bike gear?

Sorry, but I'd rather them blat down the path with lights & sirens going. More chance of catching the scrotes. Lights & sirens should warn people sufficiently (obviously the rider(s) have to be aware of deaf/blind people).
It is up to the individual officer to justify their actions, especially so when it comes to vehicles and driving, the IPCC take no prisoners and I'm sure the officers involved can justify their actions as such. Without being there and going off the original post I'd say 2 bikes was not proportional or necessary, 1 maybe but 2? I'm not so sure. However, individual justification is relative and I'm sure they wouldn't agree with some of my actions at work, hey ho.