SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-12-12, 01:17 PM   #1
musne

Default I miss my SV and I miss Biking and I miss London! :(

Hi guys,

I'm sorry - this isn't exactly a bike issue, but this part of the forum is OK for bike "talk" so I just want to say the following.

After selling my SV a couple of months ago, and moving to Beijing a couple of weeks after - I'm really missing my old bike, London roads, London food and London people.

I also miss being on this forum and talking about bikes
Old 19-12-12, 01:38 PM   #2
metalmonkey

Default Re: I miss my SV and I miss Biking and I miss London! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by musne View Post
Hi guys,

I'm sorry - this isn't exactly a bike issue, but this part of the forum is OK for bike "talk" so I just want to say the following.

After selling my SV a couple of months ago, and moving to Beijing a couple of weeks after - I'm really missing my old bike, London roads, London food and London people.

I also miss being on this forum and talking about bikes
What are you doing over there? It will all be here should you choose to come back.
Old 19-12-12, 02:10 PM   #3
timwilky
Mega Poster

I bet London didn't prepare you for the pollution or the cold. Don't even think about getting a bike out there.
Old 19-12-12, 02:13 PM   #4
musne

I'm teaching English to very young children.

After finishing university back in May, jobs were scarce and the future looked bleak (and very expensive) so I decided to move abroad. Which meant I had to sell or giveaway most of my things. Which included selling my bike

the contract is one year, so we'll see what happens after the contract ends.

In the mean time, I'll carry on being quite envious of you all !
Old 19-12-12, 02:23 PM   #5
musne

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
I bet London didn't prepare you for the pollution or the cold. Don't even think about getting a bike out there.
To be honest, I don't mind the cold so much and the pollution isn't as bad as people make it out to be. The thing I really wasn't prepared for is how severely overcrowded Beijing is :\.

So far, what I hate the most is how un-civilised and ill-mannered people can be.

It's absolutely shocking. Been here for nearly two months and I can't put in words how 'different' people's mannerisms are.
Old 19-12-12, 05:05 PM   #6
TCochrane

Having being brought up with a chinese mother and english father, i understand completely what you're talking about, Musne, i think over time you'll become accustomed to it. You have to understand that that's all they know, they're used to it and don't know any better, its a completely different world out there
Old 19-12-12, 05:39 PM   #7
missyburd

You don't have to leave the forum just cos you're temporarily bikeless!

And hats off to you for making the decision to move abroad, can't have been easy but is probably the most sensible thing to do these days once you've earned your degree. Good luck in your work, takes some balls to up sticks and move out to an alien country.
Old 19-12-12, 07:34 PM   #8
leebex

Beijing must be really bad to miss London, I f**king hate the place and avoid it at all costs

Even if you only stick it out a year, you`ll have some fantastic memories to look back on in years to come when you realise it wasnt that bad, how many of us can say we lived in a foreign country for a year, half way round the globe.
Old 19-12-12, 09:46 PM   #9
Dave-the-rave

Could be worse though.
You could be living in Tooting.

Old 20-12-12, 01:37 AM   #10
musne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCochrane View Post
Having being brought up with a chinese mother and english father, i understand completely what you're talking about, Musne, i think over time you'll become accustomed to it. You have to understand that that's all they know, they're used to it and don't know any better, its a completely different world out there
I'm so glad someone actually understands what it's like here. It's just like you say. It's a completely different world here, there is no point wondering if they feel no shame in certain things they do,they really don't know any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyburd View Post
You don't have to leave the forum just cos you're temporarily bikeless!

And hats off to you for making the decision to move abroad, can't have been easy but is probably the most sensible thing to do these days once you've earned your degree. Good luck in your work, takes some balls to up sticks and move out to an alien country.
Yes you're right! I still like to browse through and see what people are up to, I only wish that one day I can have a bike again

Thanks, although I do not feel too brave. I just feel like it was something that just had to be done. Otherwise I would be in London, jobless, in debt and living on benefits

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebex View Post
Beijing must be really bad to miss London, I f**king hate the place and avoid it at all costs

Even if you only stick it out a year, you`ll have some fantastic memories to look back on in years to come when you realise it wasnt that bad, how many of us can say we lived in a foreign country for a year, half way round the globe.
Haha, I LOVE London compared to Beijing! Yea, it's a great opportunity and experience, I hope it will open some doors for me once I want to come back home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-the-rave View Post
Could be worse though.
You could be living in Tooting.

I've been to Tooting a few times, again, it's great compared to Beijing