SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-04-16, 03:21 PM   #1
vysie

Default A month later

So just over a month now i got the sv on the road. As most new riders are i was the slowest rider on the road even had cars over take me at times lol......
Well i feel me and the bike understand each other a little better now, im happy to filter and get up to speed quick and hold it there. Iv had the mrs on the back a fair old few times now and its bitten her hard shes doing her cbt in a few weeks. She asked for a go on the sv a couple of weeks ago and i said you start it you can ride it. Omg clucth in button pressed my brow started watering shes not daft this 1 well she did a lap of the car park 1st to 2nd never rode a bike before!!!! Anyway thats for another chapter.
The sv has her quirks in her handling front brake meahhh not fantastic but she stops good enough now the head stock has new barings i can now notice the difference. I was a true no it all ear plugs are for whimps!!!!! Dont leave home without em now that carbon can co zorst grawls to the point of ay say it again pal! Must be because the baffle fell out !!!!!
Iv now clocked up 1k on it in rain a little sun and normal uk days! Still enjoying it and always get that butterfly feeling pulling on my lid after a crap night at work seeing her there in the carpark always makes me smile.

Im glad i chose an sv as my learning tool its got plenty of grunt and plenty of kerb appeal

Thought id update you all
Old 30-04-16, 04:43 PM   #2
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Default Re: A month later

Glad you're enjoying it. Hopefully the better weather will be here soon
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-16, 05:44 PM   #3
Swin

Just a tip on the braking situation - get some braided hoses on there and the braking smartens up noticeably
Swin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-16, 05:56 PM   #4
maviczap
Mega Poster

Plus give the calipers a proper service, you dont hear the mini twins moan about the lack of power

glad you're enjoying it more, once the weather improves, you'll like it even more
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-16, 06:34 PM   #5
vysie

Iv got the hoses already think its more getting used to them than anything else think with dirt bikes iv had and other bikes iv used i was either really used to them or shy with speed