SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-06-06, 03:13 PM   #1
ivantate

Default No dash + fuel pump

Hi

I need to use the bike (K5) this weekend but it wont go.

The LCD section of the dash isnt working and the fuel pump doesnt whirr when the ignition is turned on. It does have a datatool3 on it but I am not sure if this just immobilises the starter.

I dont think the alarm is getting power from the bike at the 10A fuse. So have followed it back into the harness up through the relay under the main seat and am now tracing a yellow wire with a red streak.
Does anyone know where this circuit gets its power from? I think this is making the alarm think the power has been cut so it goes off everytime it is armed.

any ideas would be great. wishing I kept the curvy!!

Thanks
Old 30-06-06, 03:17 PM   #2
Flamin_Squirrel

Are you getting a flashing FI light?
Old 30-06-06, 03:40 PM   #3
ivantate

No flashing light although the neutral light does come on. Dont think the ECU is getting ignition power.

The only thing that clicks is the flasher relay at the back by the fuse box. If i take this out the N light goes off.

Does anyone know if the alarm immobilisers turn all the ignition off.

Any ideas on wire colours as I dont have a diagram, if anyone can email one that would be ace.

I would just cut the wires to the alarm and rejoin them without it but there is about 5 black wires and 2 yellow and greens.
Old 30-06-06, 04:22 PM   #4
ivantate

DOH, I think i need a darwin award!!!

Although I thought I had checked all the fuses I obviously hadnt. The fuel pump fuse had blown for some reason. Not sure what other circuits come off this line but its more than the fuel pump!

It seems I may have ripped the harness apart on my lovely new 1600 mile bike for no reason.
But if anyone needs any wiring pointers I may have the answer.