SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-04-11, 03:52 PM   #11
pmodern

Also interested in the results. Was going to check mine over the weekend but noticed your thread re the K8. What exactly is this bit of kit doing? Usually just a linkage between the bodies needs adjusting to balance bodies? I guess all the electrickery gets in the way on the K7 onward?
Old 11-04-11, 11:19 PM   #12
maxinc

I'm following this thread with great interest.
Old 12-04-11, 12:30 PM   #13
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Default Re: How do you balance the throttle bodies on a K8?

Haven't had chance to use it yet, however all you get is a small black box and some leads to connect it to the bike and then the p.c. to download info. The instructions are sparse/non-existent. The software doesn't appear to cater for the SV, however the seller has assured me that once I plug the box in after using it on the bike, it will register properly and give the necessary readings.

Haven't had chance to play with it properly but hope to by/at the coming weekend.
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-11, 04:55 PM   #14
maxinc

I know the tool is needed to change the idle speed which seems to be adjusted automatically on K7 > models but I wonder if you need to adjust the idle speed at all if only minor throttle body sync is needed?
Old 12-04-11, 07:53 PM   #15
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

OK - quick update...failed on the 1st attempt as I can't find where the SDS plug is to connect the tool.

Service manual shows it here (behind the right hand side frame panel), but I can't find anything that will connect to the 4-pin plug I have (on either side of the bike). I was expecting it to be a plug with a rubber cap on, a bit like the dealer mode activation connector under the pillion seat.

Anyone any ideas where this elusive connector is?

(BTW - the device I bought comes with a nifty connector with some wire and a toggle switch on it or activating dealer mode....in case you lose the small bit of wire you've been using so far to show up fault codes )
Old 12-04-11, 08:02 PM   #16
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Arrrrgh...funksters!

I think it's under the pillion seat, right next to the dealer mode activation connector...however I got too fed up fettling in the dark to look for it!

(really need a garage)
Old 13-04-11, 02:49 PM   #17
pmodern

Welcome to come round and use my garage of an evening (Chester) At least I would get to see the gizmo in action then
Old 13-04-11, 02:59 PM   #18
Bibio
Mega Poster

nobby lad the sds connector is right next to the dsm it has a black plastic cap over it. the dsm has a rubber cap. i'm pretty sure that both are 6 pin, i could be wrong. if that picture is correct then what they are calling the sds is the same as the dsm and it has 6 pins but 2 are blank.

update.. according to the manual the SDS is the same connector as the DSM.

i have the extended service manual in pdf for the K7 onwards if you want me to email it to you?

Last edited by Bibio; 13-04-11 at 03:18 PM.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-11, 05:45 PM   #19
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Hi Bibio - I downloaded the extended service manual last night to get the pic above. It looks like the connector they sent with the tool is incorrect. It is only 4 pin.

The pic below shows the tool for putting the bike into dealer mode (6-pin with toggle switch at the other end) and the 4-pin plug that connects to the device (which in turn connects to the p.c.).

Last edited by Nobbylad; 20-01-14 at 04:52 PM.
Old 14-04-11, 07:10 PM   #20
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

For those following this thread with interest, DON'T go near the link Bibio posted (http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...olesalers.html) earlier, as it's not what we need. I'm still in discussions with them, but as of now, they haven't given me what I wanted. There's hope yet, but if anyone wanted to get one sooner rather than later, you're better off going here by the looks of things...http://www.bikersdiscountstore.co.uk...tool-pd-51.php