SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Moto GP Goto Moto GP Official Site

Old 07-04-13, 09:08 PM   #11
The Basket

Default Re: Qatar 2013 *may have results*

Rossssssssiiiiiiiii!!!!

He is back and I am happy! Shown class today and shown he is still world championship material.

Wouldnt write of Pedrosa so fast but it does look like Marquez isnt here to make up numbers.

Shame for Cutchlow but 5th maybe for the best. At least he kept it on the tarmac.
Old 07-04-13, 09:58 PM   #12
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

So good to see Rossi back. Not only his riding but even his interviews and he presence just brings something else to the sport!!

Going to be a brilliant season!! Lorenzo...what a brilliant ride!
And Marquez is going to grow and grow. Can't wait.

MotoGP for me has been so dull for the last 2 years.
And in one race it already feels different.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-13, 10:09 PM   #13
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Speirs View Post
So good to see Rossi back. Not only his riding but even his interviews and he presence just brings something else to the sport!!

Going to be a brilliant season!! Lorenzo...what a brilliant ride!
And Marquez is going to grow and grow. Can't wait.

MotoGP for me has been so dull for the last 2 years.
And in one race it already feels different.
Sums it up nicely. I started paying more attention to Moto2 last year so am mad looking forward to what crazy man Marquez can do this year.

Still wouldn't write Pedrosa off. I think i'd still put him top two in the championship now. It'll change.
Old 08-04-13, 05:35 AM   #14
Griff-SV

Going off topic slightly but did anyone catch the moto2 race? Fantastic ride from Scott Redding, a decent dual between him and Pol Espargaro right till the end.
Old 08-04-13, 06:29 AM   #15
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Completely forgot about Scott Redding!! Yes brilliant ride. Looks like a two horse race this year between those two. I thought Scott had Pol but some clever positioning from Pol meant Scott had to get out of the gas and lost momentum!

Moto3 was a bit 'whoever gets the slipstream'
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-13, 07:38 AM   #16
Pedrosa

Not his biggest fan,but admire the guy so much. I bet Valentino was laughing inside his helmet during the latter stages of the race. Marquez will fear and respect no-one,the kid is a real threat although sadly I think he might have the odd fall as the season goes along.

Dani had a woefull start to last season but finished the strongest of all.He was not happy all weekend and complained of a lack of traction in the race. He will be there or there abouts all season and I do think it could be his season.

Scott Redding was ace,just wish he could finish the job off more often.
Old 08-04-13, 09:36 AM   #17
Griff-SV

If Rossi hadn't made his mistake early on he would have dropped the Hondas in time and may have even got within 1-2 seconds of JL, who was absolutely faultess for the whole race.
From the first corner it was clear that the race win was a forgone concluesion, however the battle for 2nd, 3rd & 4th was fantastic. Not a bad way to open the championship!
Old 08-04-13, 11:02 AM   #18
jambo
Mega Poster

I was watching this last night with Mrs Jambo (who decided quite early on that she was only rooting for good looking riders despite the fact you can't see their faces when they're on a bike).

We both got quite animated during the race, and my assertion that "he won't catch that lot" turned out to be complete cobblers.

I'd not write DP off at all, he won 6 of the last 8 races of 2012, and is a very, very good rider. Perhaps not as charismatic as some, but I'd expect him to do better at other tracks.

MM did amazingly well for his first GP, I felt bad for Crutchlow, but there was nothing unfair about the pass and he got back on with it and placed very well for someone who'd been to the shops at part distance.

More of that please, but competing for the first 5 slots not 2nd - 5th

Jambo
Old 08-04-13, 11:10 AM   #19
Griff-SV

Jambo, I agree with you about DP. He may be the grumpy little Spaniard but he is by no means a slouch. It may take a couple of races for him to warm up & really kickstart his season.

Maybe he should just smile more
Old 08-04-13, 03:21 PM   #20
granty92

so happy for rossi, i bet his adrenaline is still flowing like mad, he will definately be in for a good run with lorenzo, hopefully gets better Q times so starts better on the grid i.e pole position will be there in september rooting for him at silverstone and will go see the bike in the pits