SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-01-09, 04:08 PM   #1
Thingus

Unhappy Advice needed

/

Last edited by Thingus; 15-02-11 at 12:34 PM.
Old 18-01-09, 04:16 PM   #2
Ed

Default Re: Advice needed

Get the f^ck out!!! You are being shafted. Too bad if they depend on the money, you gotta think about yourself. Besides, they didn't rely on it before you arrived, and you are subsiddising their posh nosh, new TV, and holiday. You sleep on a floor, live on rat's droppings, and have nowhere to park your bike. Lots of flat/house shares in Telford. Get the Telford Journal and move on.
Old 18-01-09, 04:17 PM   #3
sv-robo

Put yourself 1st matey,sounds a bit like you're been taken for a ride especially if your paying all that board/rent & sleeping on the floor when there sounds to be a perfectly good bedroom going spare which only gets slept in once a month(maybe she should sleep on the floor).

Good luck for the future
Old 18-01-09, 04:19 PM   #4
shonadoll

They are taking advantage of you. Move out.
Old 18-01-09, 04:19 PM   #5
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

OMG you pay that much and sleep on the floor. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Get out and be happy, the longer you stay the more you will get stuck and feel bitter towards them.

As for not seeing the 'brother', if you had your own place I bet you would have a much better relationship ! Do what you feel right at the end of the day as only you know how misarable (or not) you are but live for today there may not be a tomorrow xx good luck hun
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-09, 04:21 PM   #6
TazDaz

Would depend entirely what you could afford to do!

Down where I am £250 would get you nothing! Average price for renting a room in a house, just a room, nothing else, no food etc is about £400+. Southerners get shafted with rental costs.

I wouldn't let yourself be tied down because they act like they rely on you. If they want a new tv or a holiday tell em to cut down on the fancy food shopping! Food is bloody expensive!
Old 18-01-09, 04:53 PM   #7
Thingus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazDaz View Post
Down where I am £250 would get you nothing! Average price for renting a room in a house, just a room, nothing else, no food etc is about £400+. Southerners get shafted with rental costs.
There's a town near here called Bridgnorth which is nice, looking there even though i work in telford, 300 quid will get me a furnished room in a nice ish area.

Those are the replies i expected, chearz.
Old 18-01-09, 04:56 PM   #8
captainsmelly

That reminds me of the start of Harry Potter! I'd get out of there dude, you could rent a place with a mate for the same money.
Old 18-01-09, 05:13 PM   #9
New Leaf

I'd tell them you intend to move out because you don't like sleeping on the floor and list any other things you're not happy with. If they are that desperate for you to stay then they have as long as it takes for you to find somewhere to think about giving you a bedroom and an around better deal.

If they don't do that then you can leave with no hard feelings and still be mates with you new bro. I bet he'd prolly wanna spend most of his time at your new place anyway

It would be a bit mean to just find a new place and move out without telling them you are looking around for somewhere first.
Old 18-01-09, 05:30 PM   #10
gettin2dizzy

Can't you move back in to what was the family home? I certainly wouldn't stay for £250 a month.