SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Boots Post your own reviews on boots here

Old 16-02-08, 04:31 PM   #1
Tim in Belgium

Default Puma 1000 boots

Has anyone had experience with the Puma 1000 boots? I'm thinking about getting a pair as my old HG boots are getting a bit ragged.

Any feed back good or bad wanted.
Old 06-03-08, 12:28 PM   #2
rpwoodman

Default Re: Puma 1000 boots

James Whitham in TWO is always shown wearing them, so he must think they're safe I guess. Obviously doesn't say anything for comfort, but one would imagine he'd be able to have his choice of boots.
Old 06-03-08, 01:34 PM   #3
Lozzo

Be warned, the hard plastic on the inner sides of the boots rip footrest heel plates to bits and leave scratches on the frame.

If you want safe boots then buy Oxtars (or TCS as they are now known). All their boots are tested and approved as safety items for professional motorcycle use and carry the appropriate CE mark. There are very few motorcycle boots that do. I'm dead happy with the Goretex leather race boots I bought for 135 quid.

Last edited by Lozzo; 06-03-08 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-03-08, 07:42 PM   #4
Jester666

Apart from the dreaded Oxtar squeak they are excellent boots if a little small in size.

The 45s I have are not size 11!! But they are long lasting and have excellent protection.
Old 06-03-08, 10:42 PM   #5
Manguish

Dainese ones here - very comfy.
Old 07-03-08, 09:22 AM   #6
lucky strike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
Be warned, the hard plastic on the inner sides of the boots rip footrest heel plates to bits and leave scratches on the frame.

If you want safe boots then buy Oxtars (or TCS as they are now known). All their boots are tested and approved as safety items for professional motorcycle use and carry the appropriate CE mark. There are very few motorcycle boots that do. I'm dead happy with the Goretex leather race boots I bought for 135 quid.

Good advice there. I've had my TCS Sport Goretex boots for nearly a year now and they are superb. A truly 'all year round' boot for the AWB. I may haowever be tempted by a pair of Alpinestars Supertechs this year as a treat for the gsx-r!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester666 View Post
Apart from the dreaded Oxtar squeak they are excellent boots if a little small in size.

The 45s I have are not size 11!! But they are long lasting and have excellent protection.
A squirt of lubricant/wax/silicon spray soon solves the squeak issue
Old 07-03-08, 10:43 AM   #7
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manguish View Post
Dainese ones here - very comfy.
As a matter of principle I won't buy Dainese stuff. Their leathers are some of the worst quality in all christendom and a pair of their boots ended up in a roadside bin in Lyon, France because they were chopping my feet to bits. I did the rest of the trip in trainers.

I do have a pair of A/stars MX boots which are excellent, but I wouldn't touch their leathers with a bargepole.
Old 07-03-08, 11:32 AM   #8
Manguish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
As a matter of principle I won't buy Dainese stuff. Their leathers are some of the worst quality in all christendom and a pair of their boots ended up in a roadside bin in Lyon, France because they were chopping my feet to bits. I did the rest of the trip in trainers.

I do have a pair of A/stars MX boots which are excellent, but I wouldn't touch their leathers with a bargepole.
Interesting.

I own boots and 2 piece leathers and think they are the most comfortable i have owned.

In comparison against HG anyhow.
Old 07-03-08, 11:40 AM   #9
Alpinestarhero

Alpinestars SMX4 boots are very nice. Maria has a pair, my mate has a pair, my dad has a pair...and now I have a pair. Does make gearchanges odd for a while though, until you get used to them. They are comfy for walking around in though

Matt
Old 07-03-08, 12:30 PM   #10
chris8886
Mega Poster

i have some sidi vertigo corsa's currently. been very happy with them, good n comfortable and they seem protective too.
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote