SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Gloves Post your own reviews on Gloves here

Old 09-02-09, 07:31 PM   #1
Baph

Default Spada Enforcer - Mini review

Well, I decided it was about time I bought some new winter gloves (my old ones had a few splits that I'd had repaired etc).

So I trotted off to the local bike shop for a look at what they had. I saw a pair of gloves, which had a ride triangle hanging from them. They looked to have decent protection on the knuckles etc. Tried them on, they fitted pretty well, so paid & left.

Turns out they're Spada Enforcers. Nice wiper blade rubber thing on the left thumb (which I only noticed when I sat back on my bike). They're also very warm (3M Thinsulate), and apparently water proof.

I enquired about the water proofing in the shop, and was told they come with a 12 month gurantee, so if they leak, they'll be going back.

£45 all in. Not too bad. Though it could of worked out more expensive as I saw a very tasty ZX12 in black on my way out...
Old 09-02-09, 08:52 PM   #2
newts924

Default Re: Spada Enforcer - Mini review

I bought some of these last week and tried them yesterday on a ride out.

I found them very comfy, but at first they seemed a bit bulky but that is only because i am used to summer gloves.

My hands where nice and warm but the tips of my fingers did get a bit cold.

I would recommend these for a good low cost winter glove, however i did get mine for a lot cheaper £34.99 from raceleathers.
Old 06-03-09, 02:33 PM   #3
slloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by newts924 View Post
... but the tips of my fingers did get a bit cold.
is there a reasonably priced set of gloves that will achive this comfort, and avoid the tips from dropping off.
slloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-09, 02:52 PM   #4
shonadoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by slloyd View Post
is there a reasonably priced set of gloves that will achive this comfort, and avoid the tips from dropping off.
I've given up trying to find the perfect pair-fitted hotgrips instead.
Old 12-08-09, 01:39 PM   #5
RobH13

Just got a pair free with my helmet , seem to fit really well, but can't test them yet as i ain't got a licenses until tomorrow, well hopefully.

Rob.
Old 22-09-09, 06:15 PM   #6
ManxMatt34

I worn em now for a few rideouts across and some stuff back on the Island, i don't find size an issue, infact going back to my RST summers i had to put a inner glove in because they felt too small :P.

The only thing i found they smell like utter **** after a few wears, i asked another Org. memeber about this and he said just have a bath or shower with them on then leave them to drip dry.... did the job perfect.
Old 23-09-09, 02:57 PM   #7
davepreston

top bit of kit for price used them for a year had 2 offs with them and im buying another set
Old 17-11-09, 03:08 PM   #8
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Just about to post my Spada WP Enforcers back to where I got them from, only used them a dozen or so times and the left hand thumb leaks water .

As a glove they were OK, but not a great deal warmer than my Richa summer gloves, plus they have a massive wrist area/gauntlet that doesn't easily fit underneath the sleeves of my jacket(s).
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-09, 11:49 PM   #9
davepreston

i have to agree with the gauntlet bit nobby but apart from that i loved them, sounds like you got a duff pair let me know what you get instead and how they get on
Old 23-11-09, 02:04 PM   #10
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
i have to agree with the gauntlet bit nobby but apart from that i loved them, sounds like you got a duff pair let me know what you get instead and how they get on
New set of WP's arrived from Raceleathers.co.uk on Friday, so credit to them for sorting out a new set, just means I won't get the opportunity to try summat else.
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote