SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 14-12-11, 08:31 PM   #1
buckstone

Default Good news about SV batteries

I left the SV at Ayr train station this morning at about 7am. When I got back at 6.20 tonight, you can imagine how pleased I was to see the headlight shining at me. For the second time since July, I'd turned the key past 'off' and put the parking light on. And jumped on the train without a care in the world.

Also for the second time since July, it started first push of the button. Just as well, as it barely turned over before firing up. I had to stop off on the way home barely 5 minutes later, and by then it was turning over like it was fully charged.

It's maybe not a good idea to do it, but at least you know SV batteries can handle a bit of punishment ....
buckstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-11, 08:36 PM   #2
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Good news about SV batteries

You were lucky
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-11, 09:15 PM   #3
SIII
Mega Poster

Talking Re: Good news about SV batteries

Hi buckstone,Long time no hear, glad to hear your still on the SV.

Must have a bloody good battery on yours, my Discovery with a huge battery doesn't last more than a few hours with the ligghts on!
Old 15-12-11, 01:39 PM   #4
appollo1
Mega Poster

That was very lucky indeed. You would have thought that you would have learnt your lesson after doing it the first time!

In fact you were very lucky to come back and find the bike still there parking it in Ayr!!!

http://www.german-shepherd-rescue-scotland.org.uk/ everyone deserves a second chance

RIP Appollo miss you and will always love you x x x x
appollo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-11, 01:47 PM   #5
TamSV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by appollo1 View Post
In fact you were very lucky to come back and find the bike still there parking it in Ayr!!!
"Auld Ayr, wham ne'er a town surpasses.
For honest men and bonnie lasses"
TamSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-11, 09:42 PM   #6
buckstone

Managed to switch it off properly today. Wouldn't have liked to find it flat tonight with the rain bouncing the way it was !!!! I'll never make that mistake again.

Probably.

And Ron - give me a shout next time you're up here. Would be good to catch up again .......
Old 15-12-11, 10:00 PM   #7
SIII
Mega Poster

Talking Re: Good news about SV batteries

Will do bud, your braver than me, bikes away and will not be out till the gritters have gone!

Have you looked in the 'Volunteers for GM thread' looks like GM is going to be down here next July! Hope you can make it down?
Old 16-12-11, 10:18 PM   #8
buckstone

You're going to be busy, by the look of things. Let me know if you need any help with anything - the date looks good for me (for a change).
Old 05-01-12, 09:59 PM   #9
yoda650

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckstone View Post
I left the SV at Ayr train station this morning at about 7am. When I got back at 6.20 tonight, you can imagine how pleased I was to see the headlight shining at me. For the second time since July, I'd turned the key past 'off' and put the parking light on. And jumped on the train without a care in the world.

Also for the second time since July, it started first push of the button. Just as well, as it barely turned over before firing up. I had to stop off on the way home barely 5 minutes later, and by then it was turning over like it was fully charged.

It's maybe not a good idea to do it, but at least you know SV batteries can handle a bit of punishment ....
I've seen your Black SV many a time at Ayr station, nice looking bike.
Old 07-01-12, 08:28 PM   #10
buckstone

Ha - you should see it today !!! Think I'll be the garage for a mega cleaning session tomorrow morning. Just in time for it to get filthy again on Monday ......