SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-12-12, 12:26 PM   #21
daveyrach

Default Re: OMO: Which Charity?

Ralph, have you considered someone like The NDCS, I have a deaf son and I know first hand hand how services for deaf children (and adults) are being impacted by government cuts and the NDCS is who they turn to for help.

Take Reading where I live, we had 2 schools with units for deaf children (one primary and one secondary) funding for both has been stopped so now there is no deaf provision in Reading at all, my son has to travel to Newbury by taxi on a daily basis to attend Mary Hare School for the deaf, we had to fight the council for funding as they initially would have sent him to a mainstream school where he would have been 'lost in the system'

Also if you don't want to donate to the NDCS there will be a local branch you can donate to, my local branch is RDCS (Reading Deaf Children's Society)