SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 11-09-06, 12:20 PM   #1
M65

Default Rider down

Not sure what bike he was on as it was a complete mangled mess, but there was a rider down near Settle yesterday afternoon, approx. 5:30pm. The helicopter was waiting on the roadside and it looked bad. Hope it wasn't anyone from here and that the rider is OK.
Old 11-09-06, 12:37 PM   #2
timwilky
Mega Poster

Nice to see you yesterday Mark, So I guess you did head upto Hawes.

Who ever you are get well. Them there roads have too shocking statistics so ride safe when round there.
Old 11-09-06, 12:49 PM   #3
M65

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky
Nice to see you yesterday Mark, So I guess you did head upto Hawes.

Who ever you are get well. Them there roads have too shocking statistics so ride safe when round there.
Likewise Tim. Yes, we did in the end. We decided on Settle and Cowpat Lane (at least thats what I was told it was called!) before seeing what time it was. It was still sunny and light, so Hawes it was. Had to get out of there before dusk though - that place is creepy at the besty of times. Reminds me of Royston Vassey!
Old 11-09-06, 04:47 PM   #4
El Saxo

Sh!t, never nice to hear of an 'off', hope the lad/lass is ok...
Old 12-09-06, 03:56 PM   #5
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Didn't see that one, but our rideout yesterday up there was cut short by a spot of gravel surfing. Dropping down into Ribchester from Wilpshire (Blackburn) one of the group decided to argue with the offside kerb and took the shine of the side off his bike. Also took the shine of his ego, one memorable quote from him during his DAS course six weeks ago;

"I am at least as fast as the instructor now, he can't keep up with me"

Target fixation is a real bu**er

We were supposed to be doing Wigan to Settle via Blackburn then to Hawes, to Aysgarth, to Skipton, A59 to Clitheroe and home, but obviously didn't quite make it. Will try again soon though.

PS, he was fine and so was the bike, cosmetic damage only! Weeks of p*ss taking to be had....
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-06, 04:16 PM   #6
M65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePete
Didn't see that one, but our rideout yesterday up there was cut short by a spot of gravel surfing. Dropping down into Ribchester from Wilpshire (Blackburn) one of the group decided to argue with the offside kerb and took the shine of the side off his bike. Also took the shine of his ego, one memorable quote from him during his DAS course six weeks ago;

"I am at least as fast as the instructor now, he can't keep up with me"

Target fixation is a real bu**er

We were supposed to be doing Wigan to Settle via Blackburn then to Hawes, to Aysgarth, to Skipton, A59 to Clitheroe and home, but obviously didn't quite make it. Will try again soon though.

PS, he was fine and so was the bike, cosmetic damage only! Weeks of p*ss taking to be had....
Ribchester and around there is a pain! The Trough used to be quite a good ride, but I find it too bumpy now and the roads are usually full of cow dung and the like.

Sorry to hear about the off though. Never nice, even if it is only pride thats dented. Still, bikes can be fixed - people cant always be.

Good point about the upcoming weeks though